iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » My girlfriend can't remember this childhood film...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My girlfriend can't remember this childhood film...
wadegage
Rewind Curious
Member # 9193

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for wadegage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all. This one might be easy for you, but impossible for me. Thanks in advance for any help you can give. [Smile]

She says the film reminds her of Cloak and Dagger, and that it was released around the same time, and was made for kids.

The only memory she has of the film is the cast is on a train, and there are the heroes and some (she thinks the villain had supernatural powers) bad guy. The bad guy is standing behind one of the good guys, and shoves his hand into the good guy's back, and pulls out his heart.

I figure, with a scene like that, you'll know it right away or will be stumped like me!

Thanks.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Sounds like a great kids movie to me...

An odd sister film to Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wadegage
Rewind Curious
Member # 9193

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for wadegage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Devo. She said it was one of her fav. films from childhood. I really want to surprise her with a DVD/VHS of the movie. Any ideas as to how I should track it down, besides pleading for help on a forum like this?
Posts: 2 | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The bad guy is standing behind one of the good guys, and shoves his hand into the good guy's back, and pulls out his heart.
See... now that doesn't sound much like a scene that would appear in a kids flick. Even Temple got a lot of flack for violence. Do you have any more info at all?
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zombo
Rewinder
Member # 8405

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Zombo   Email Zombo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sounds to me like Dreamscape with Dennis Quaid and Max von Sydow. It came out in 1984 (same year as Cloak & Dagger) and has a scene very similar to the one you mentioned.

You can find it on Amazon for about $5...a bargain at twice the price! [Big Grin]

Posts: 32 | From: Monroeville Mall | Registered: Nov 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zombo.. I like the suggestion.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
Zombo.. I like the suggestion.

Me too... still not sure about the 'kids' thing.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zombo
Rewinder
Member # 8405

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Zombo   Email Zombo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a scene with a kid in the movie...Dennis Quaid uses his "dream powers" to help him face his nightmare...so that may be where the confusion comes from. It sounds like the OP's girlfriend may have been fairly young when she saw it, and may have mentally melded some scenes together. It wasn't really a kid's movie, but if I recall correctly, it was rated PG-13.
Posts: 32 | From: Monroeville Mall | Registered: Nov 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home