iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » RAD - The Helltrack 25th Anniversary Edition (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: RAD - The Helltrack 25th Anniversary Edition
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Our Rewind Rad Racing Team has grown quite a bit over the last few years.. I remember a time when it seemed like it was only Devo and myself that gushed over this treasure of a film.

-

We are always looking for new team members and with August signaling in the month of the RAD 25th Anniversary event.. the time is now.

So start on page 1 of this thread and check the links. By the time you get back here.. you will realize that if you are going to shell out any coin for any of the movies recently mentioned in the Thrashin' thread.. it just has to be for RAD!!

This RAD posting doesn't go up without sadness though.. we do have one honorary team member - Ronnie - who's just not impressed .. [Big Grin] .. seems this is another movie where she owns the soundtrack, but has no interest in exercising those demons from the last time she danced with Bart Taylor.

But I'm not gonna give up, so I've decided to at least dedicate this tune from one of our fav 80's hidden gem groups:

- (RL - let's walk this sucker!)

"And you're going to pick me up how? On that dumb bike?"

Well... Yeah!! [Cool]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks my Valdude. [Smile]

Great song, we both love 3-Speed. I remember wanting this movie to be on real dvd so badly, and then I watched it years ago and I was (like you said) not impressed haha.

I am going to give it another shot for ya.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Knight
Rewind Curious
Member # 8182

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Chris Knight   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Knight   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The RAD 25th Anniversary event was a smashing success! Saw the film on the big screen, scored some free swag, watched BMX races and amazing freestyle shows, and rode alongside the stars of the film as they narrated a tour of the film locations. Could not ask for a better celebration! Go here here for photos/stories from attendees. Now we need to start planning the 30th!
Posts: 10 | Registered: Aug 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Update:

Ronnie finally gave "RAD" another chance.. unfortunately she still hasn't quite joined our Rad team, but I appreciate that she gave it another viewing. I'll keep working on it. [Wink]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imawalkingcorpse
Master Rewinder
Member # 1675

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for imawalkingcorpse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this movie. Still not thrilled it isn't out on Blu Ray and DVD.
Posts: 199 | From: Overland Park | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
Ronnie finally gave "RAD" another chance.. unfortunately she still hasn't quite joined our Rad team, but I appreciate that she gave it another viewing. I'll keep working on it. [Wink]

Should I wait for you to show up with your bmx bike? [Wink] I swear Val, right before I watched, I mentioned I was watching it to like, 3 people and they all gave me the same response.."OMG I loooove that movie!" Haha, it's the dance off.. I just can't get passed it. [Razz]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Ronnie.. and I thought it was because I over-rotated! [Big Grin]

Uh .. that pic above .. I don't get why people think the school dance scenes in "RAD" are a bit goofy. [Wink]

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Anyone ever read this article?

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Who tried eating KIX cereal because of this movie?

"Kid tested, RAD approved!" [Big Grin]

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

I decided to watch an old John Wayne movie that I enjoy today called "The Undefeated" from 1969. It opens with some incredible stunts and to my surprise Hal Needham (director of RAD) name popped up on screen. I knew the guy was a legendary stuntman, but I never researched him on IMDb until today. He did a ton of work with John Wayne and Burt Reynolds. He even helped write "Smokey and the Bandit". [Big Grin]

Thought it was cool and wanted to share.

Nostalgic for the '80's
Ace Rewinder
Member # 37454

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Nostalgic for the '80's   Email Nostalgic for the '80's   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why is "Rad" not on DVD/Blu-ray? It's still not available.

I've tried to watch this over the years in the streaming format, but the print is so bad (probably because it's nothing more than a VHS rip) that it's borderline-unwatchable, and I can't get past the first couple of minutes.

Too bad, because this seems like an iconic '80's film - it's just simply not available in a decent format for viewing these days.

Posts: 400 | Registered: Sep 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home