iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Akira (1988).

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Akira (1988).
HarryCanyon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9143

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for HarryCanyon   Email HarryCanyon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my favorite movies of all time and my favorite animated movie of all time! i remembered sixteen years ago when i lived in Carlsbad (California that is) before moving to Santa Ana, i saw an article on anime in Newsweek when i was 14 at my junior high's library and they mentioned Akira including the theatrical release of Ghost in The Shell. I rented this movie from one of the local movie rental stores, loved it.

I got hooked into anime even though my earlier experiences with anime were Unico 1 & 2, Jack and The Beanstalk, Voltron, Transformers and more. I did saw Vampire Hunter D and Robot Carnival when i was 12, Little Nemo when i was 11 especially Project A-Ko and Totoro when i was 12 on HBO.

Posts: 125 | From: Santa Ana, California | Registered: Sep 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goresnet
Master Rewinder
Member # 6592

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for goresnet   Email goresnet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have a decent home theater, check out Akira on bluray. Never looked better, but the sound will blow you away!
Posts: 147 | From: D!ckinson, TX | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Jedi
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Akira, and admit that I am not an expert on anime by any means, but Cowboy Beebop, the series and movie are brilliant on every level, personal favorites.
Posts: 1216 | From: America's Caribbean | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HarryCanyon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9143

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for HarryCanyon   Email HarryCanyon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is an amazing movie you know, did you know this movie came out december of 1989 here in the states by Streamline pictures? i had the movie in it's streamline dub with Cam Clarke's voice (a.k.a. Leonardo from Ninja Turtles) for years and bought the 2-Disc DVD and now own the Blu-Ray.

I also read the amazing manga.

Posts: 125 | From: Santa Ana, California | Registered: Sep 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Burnett
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9924

3 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Burnett   Email Burnett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the movie , and I also own the manga. They're both fantastically stylized, have a great story and a cool setting...
Cyberpunk to the bone!
"TETSUOOOO!!!!!!!!!!"

Posts: 87 | From: Belgium | Registered: Aug 2011 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love Akira and own the 2-VHS and 2-dvd sets.
Posts: 5279 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Watch your favorite 80s movies for FREE and you'll be supporting this site! There's no catch! Please just click and sign up.
Amazon want you to try their service for 30 days and will donate to us every time someone does. Thank you for supporting us!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home