iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The New Kids

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The New Kids
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

No i'm not talking the boy band..........but the bloody violent little diddy with James Spader and Lori Loughlin.

I saw this a few years back and started it but never finished it.........so I gave it another chance now.............and I loved it.
 -

Loughlin was cute as always and feisty, Spader with his bleach blonde hair and eyebrows, Stoltz playing the sweet guy........they are what kept me interested........yeah the story isn't deep in plot and it isn't gonna explain why the kids are crazy.......but it really kept me on the edge of my seat....I let out a "uuuuhhhh" a few times.......I was really surprised how violent it was.....it has some good cheesy songs in it!

According to IMDB Shannon Presby who played Loren hasn't been in any movies since and it lists him as 2009 Deputy District Attorney for Los Angeles County??? interesting if it's true?

Any fans of this movie?? favorite parts?

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great movie!

The cast is fantastic, Spader is so evil [Cool]
Loughlin is hot, even her daddy (always good Tom Atkins) thought so [Wink]

The New Kids aka Striking Back is movie magic only the 80s could create.

Here´s the finnish VHS cover art:

-

[ 25. September 2010, 16:27: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG Atomik I usually love your Finnish cover art but that one is bad..........if I saw that on a video shelf I wouldn't be intrigued to buy it at all haha it looks like a bad fiction book cover.
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree that "The New Kids" is a very good flick in a brutal kind of way. Not something I like to visit very often though.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This movie is great. Dutra is one of my favorite 80s movie villains.

-

Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
havnt seen this one or heard of it. Hmmm, kinda interested as it has spader and LL in it.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
That Dutra pic would make an awesome t-shirt!

Willy hunt it down its available on dvd pretty cheap. [Smile]

oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
right then, as a rewind member recommendation, its done diddly done
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DUTRA RULES!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:
OMG Atomik I usually love your Finnish cover art but that one is bad..........if I saw that on a video shelf I wouldn't be intrigued to buy it at all haha it looks like a bad fiction book cover.

Perhaps the UK variation with terrific pump action writing would entice you? It worked for me! [This cover is foreign, but it's the same as the UK one]:

-

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
I'm still loving the US version with the awesome artwork.....there is nothing like those old covers that are works of wonderful 80's art....beautiful stuff [Smile] haha but look at this German one.....Abby's face makes me laugh hard! it's scary in a laughable way?

-

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha, Abby looks cool!
She´s ready to KILL [Cool] [Cool]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love that movie! Part teen drama, part hicksploitation. And with one of the most uncomfortable opening scenes ever. There was something wrong with that dad, I think it was best that he died [Smile]
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home