iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » OK, now I need the gurus :)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OK, now I need the gurus :)
JoeM
Rewind Curious
Member # 9174

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JoeM   Email JoeM   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This one may be tough, but I'll tell all I can remember...
I rented this movie in '91 and it was a couple of years old (at least)- I'm not sure if it's an austalian movie or just took place in australia w/australian actors, but it's in australia, it's a car/street racer movie. couple of guys and a girl [Confused] racing a 4-door (falcon?) car against the head street guy, think he had an old challenger, they lose. they go out into the desert having some fun playing a game called "I spy" when they spot a '57 chevy, black, runin through the desert. when they catch up to the guy and his wife they find out he's blind. then the usuall racing/crashing stuff, but they wind up getting the "57 from the blind guy to race the challenger dude. They do a wild burnout forward then in reverse and eventually win the race, and I think the challenger guy crashes and dies or something. This has stumped us for years. Any clues?

Posts: 6 | Registered: Sep 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like Running On Empty (1982).
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's it.. I was going to get a pic for it... and Secret beat me to the answer

-

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JoeM
Rewind Curious
Member # 9174

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JoeM   Email JoeM   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys arn't human!! Thats it. Where did you find the pic valley? WOW, I'm goin' to bed......
Posts: 6 | Registered: Sep 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're right, Joe, Valley is not human. He's a cyborg from the future, sent by Nick the webmaster, to keep the forums entertaining, help people find movies they forgot the name of, and to destroy all trolls/spammers. While doing all of that, he's also on the lookout for one Sarah Connor.
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home