iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Halloween Scary Movie Thread 2010 (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: The Halloween Scary Movie Thread 2010
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys....my little man is now asleep, so I'm of to watch NotC...I own both NotC and NotC, so I'll let you know later which one I've watched...also have Chopping Mall, but there is no such thing as double features for me anymore, let alone triple features....though....if NotC and NotC have a combined playing time of 3 hours or so...I may just see them both tonight!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm confused.. enjoy "Chopping Mall" [Wink]
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Simoneer:
I seem to be in the minority here. I didn't like Chopping Mall at all. I don't think it's "so bad it's good", it's just "bad". I really like Killer Klowns From Outer Space, though. Such a cheesefest.

Personally, I might watch Neon Maniacs for Halloween. Chances are I'll watch The Monster Squad. And/or maybe Gremlins 2. I might give Return Of The Living Dead a shot, as a first (if I can keep myself from watching it before); I watched Part II the other day and absolutely loved it. If part 1 is in the same vein of the second, I know I'll love it.

I appreciate this thread.

Nah you're not in the total minority here. I don't care for Chopping Mall.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valley, Silent Scream is in my Netflix que. It's available for instant watch, but I had problems with it showing on my computer. Hopefully I'll get to see it soon.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
Wait Muffy.. I was just referencing Tiffany's comment about "Chopping Mall" and why she considers it classic 80's horror. My own thoughts are that "Chopping Mall" is great late night fun, but if you want me to compare it directly to "Creeps" or "Comet" .. it just can't compare. Both of those are B-movie horror magic!

Sorry Val-man [Smile] I'm with ya it was good but can't compare........I do wonder why both flicks weren't as known then? Comet was one I know i'd seen forever ago on USA Up All Night.......Creeps i'd never seen until a few years back and I LOVED it! I love that now they have a cult like status and both got DVD releases [Smile]

Ronnie I thought the same about her!!
 -
and Doctor Vadar from Rock and Roll Highschool Forever........hahah

I knew she is a prettty known B movie actress but i've never known her name.....Mary Woronov and she has 109 movie credits! According to IMDB
also........ "after a class trip to Andy Warhol's Silver Factory, she joined Warhol's entourage and starred in a number of his underground films" kindof cool.......does anyone know more about her?

Can't wait to see which or both films Kev watches [Smile]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A gifted writer and artist, Mary Woronov has published two books... Wake for the Angels: Paintings and Stories (1994) and Swimming Underground: My Years in the Warhol Factory (1995)

She is excellent in "Night of the Comet".. love the scene when Hector returns to the radio station dressed as Santa!

btw Muffy.. Mary Woronov has an official site:

Mary Woronov website

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well...last night I watched "Night of the................................................COMET!!!!" Started a potential double feature with Night of the Creeps, but alas, it was too late = too tired.

I really really loved Comet. The music was great (though I'm not sure why they would have a different girl sing "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"....shameful, as noted by a big Cyndi fan), lots of fun, the ghetto blaster was featured prominantely (which I love....darn shame they shot one with a gun though). And Catherine Mary Stewart!!! WOWZERS! She's like the perfect 80's girl next door....super cute, great 80's hair, great 80's fashion. I really hadn't remembered her in much, though see in her IMBD that she's been in a few classics, but somehow escaped my radar. I kinda wonder why she didn't become more of a star and wasn't cast in more blockbusters. I also did not know she was a fellow Canadian. Anyway, if ya can't tell, I really liked her and loved every minute of Comet.

Tonight is a bust for any follow up features...me and my wife are off to a friend's wedding...my parents are taking our little guy for the night, so looking forward to some drinks and time with my sweetie. Sunday evening looks promising, though with friends coming over to watch a horror flick, I don't think I can sell everyone on an 80's classic....I'll get to see a horror flick regardless, though I always try to convince them to watch Fat Albert's Halloween Special before our feature flick....hey hey hey....it's my house!

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
kev.. I'm stoked that you are a Comet fan now! I used to think the same thing about the Lauper tune. Never heard the real story, but I do know that Cyndi Lauper was not the original artist for the tune "Girls Just Want To Have Fun". It was actually written and performer by Robert Hazard. Lauper covered the tune and the rest is history..
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:
Ronnie I thought the same about her!!
 -
and Doctor Vadar from Rock and Roll Highschool Forever........hahah

I knew she is a prettty known B movie actress but i've never known her name.....Mary Woronov and she has 109 movie credits! According to IMDB
also........ "after a class trip to Andy Warhol's Silver Factory, she joined Warhol's entourage and starred in a number of his underground films" kindof cool.......does anyone know more about her?

wow, she was a factory girl huh? nice! she sure has accomplished quite a bit.. good for her! [Smile]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good job, kev. glad you enjoyed the movie. [Smile]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you loved it Kev! I think you're going to enjoy Creeps just as much.... [Smile] omg on the C.Mary Stewart lol Weekend at Bernie's?! You might need to check out Mischief also if you haven't?
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by pettyfan:
Valley, Silent Scream is in my Netflix que. It's available for instant watch, but I had problems with it showing on my computer. Hopefully I'll get to see it soon.

pettyfan.. I'm interested in a true horror fan's perspective of "Silent Scream". It was an entertaining flick, but felt way more 70's in style, which makes sense with it being released in 1980.

It is actually amazing how much the hair and clothing styles changed from 1979 to say 1983.

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
I mentioned to Kelli Maroney that she has picked up a few new "Night of the Comet" fans recently.. she asked if one of them was Paul Morgan a transfer from Taft.

Okay .. that was major "Night of the Comet" inside joke.

kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
What's the scoop on the Hellraiser series. I own the first one, but have never seen it. Recently seen the sequels for a pretty cheap price. Are they worth picking up?
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1 is perfect. Also love parts 2, 4, and 6. 3 is ok. 5, 7 and 8 are hideous. They're making a 9th right now, the first one that Doug Bradley won't be playing Pinhead.
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

I've seen the first Hellraiser, Hellraiser III and the one with Dean Winters. I have part 2 but I've never watched it. The first one was good. I enjoyed the one with Dean Winters because, well, Dean Winters was in it. LOL

Valley, I def. plan on seeing Silent Scream. I may bump it to the top of my list so I won't have to fool with instant watch.

Mother's Day is available on Netflix as instant watch, so I added it to my que. I'm not sure if I can watch it or not...the trailer looked pretty graphic. So we'll have to see.

kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Thanks guys....wow....I had no idea there were 8 Hellraiser films. I'll try to watch part one to see if my interest is sparked, then decide on purchasing anymore....
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pettyfan:
I've seen the first Hellraiser, Hellraiser III and the one with Dean Winters. I have part 2 but I've never watched it. The first one was good. I enjoyed the one with Dean Winters because, well, Dean Winters was in it. LOL

That's 6. I love me some Dean too [Big Grin]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Yeah, he's hot [Big Grin]
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Day 18 - Monkey Shines (1988)

-

"Money Shines" was written and directed by horror master George Romero.. here's the premise:

-

When Allan Mann (Jason Beghe) loses the use of his legs and arms in an accident, he becomes bitter -- no surprise given that his girlfriend dumps him for his surgeon, his new nurse (Christine Forrest) is a shrew, and his smothering mother (Joyce Van Patten) keeps threatening to move in and take care of him.

-

Enter Kate McNeil (Melanie Parker), a scientist who is working to provide handicapped people with highly trained animal helpers. Soon Allan is bonding with Ella, an adorable Capuchin monkey, who, unbeknownst to him, has been injected with human brain tissue by drug-addicted scientist Geoffrey Fisher (John Pankow). At first Allan loves little Ella, but the monkey seems to grow jealous as Allan slowly develops a romance with the beautiful Kate. Meanwhile, Allan begins having strange dreams in which he experiences the world from a monkey's point of view. These visions culminate in a fiery nightmare the same night Allan's ex-girlfriend and her new lover die in a house fire. Realizing the growing link between his own inner demons and the violence occurring around him, Allan tries to sever the connection with Ella.

I've always thought Jason Beghe was an underrated actor.. I remember him best from movies like "Maid To Order", "Alien Nation", and HBO tv series "1st & Ten". He still pops up from time to time, but has never truly made it big like I expected.

Worth watching to see Stanley Tucci and Janine Turner in early roles..

kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Last two evenings....Flatliners and An American Haunting....liked them both.
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Piranha Part Two: The Spawning (1981)

A scuba diving instructor, her biochemist boyfriend, and her police chief ex-husband
try to link a series of bizarre deaths to a mutant strain of piranha fish
whose lair is a sunken freighter ship off a Caribbean island resort. (IMDb)

Damn this was a funny movie!
Lots of WTF moments and it was never dull.

Directed by James Cameron and starring Tricia O'Neil, Steve Marachuk and Lance Henriksen.

I loved the Jamaica scenery, the beach, the bikini girls...
Most of the characters were so crazy, like straight from a teen beach flick [Smile]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
aTomiK.. Piranha 2 is campy horror fun at its so bad it's good best!
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
I liked Monkey Shines doesn't hurt that Jason Beghe is a paralyzed hunk! [Smile] haha

I watched House and Trick r Treat 2009.....you guys said TrT was good and it is! starts out really awesome.....very atmoshperey loved the scenes in the bottom of the cliff. The ending didn't finish with all it could have for me? But I liked it.

Hadn't seen House since I was a kid and remembered liking it......I'd recommend it to Rewinders.....totally cheesy but high tech special effects....Fred Dekker wrote it..(The Monster Squad, Night of the Creeps)it's not as awesome as those movies though....but William Katt pulls it along.....What do you guys think?

-
 -

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like House and you´re right that Willam Katt is ace!

Cool demons

-

-

And lovely Kay Lenz

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home