iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » This site is awesome!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This site is awesome!
made in 81
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 9099

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for made in 81   Email made in 81   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everybody, I just wanted to say how much I truly love this site. I was looking for bad 80's movies and just stumbled across this. I really cannot believe the great info and knowledge of everyone on here. I have read about movies I had forgot about, and movies I never heard of that I cant wait to see! My family didnt watch much tv and we didnt own a vcr until about 1994, so I feel as if I can relive a little of my childhood being on here. Thank you so much everyone and keep up the great work!!
Posts: 21 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
made in 81.. you have stumbled upon an incredible site with folks from all over the world that appreciate the 80's like few can understand. Feedback like yours makes the effort we put in to it all totally worth it. Glad you found us!
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sho'Nuff
Rewind Curious
Member # 9103

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Sho'Nuff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree. Love the site!!
Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
made in 81
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 9099

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for made in 81   Email made in 81   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I posted about this site on facebook telling my friends to check it out!
Posts: 21 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pork pie mcfly

Member # 6802

54 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for pork pie mcfly   Email pork pie mcfly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree 100%...this site is by far the best 80's movie site on the net.

Enjoy... [Smile]

Posts: 235 | From: Hill Valley | Registered: Apr 2008 | Site Updates: 54  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to think that I was fairly sharp about 80's movies, then a wonderful Rewind Legend friend recommended this site, and I soon realized that I am a piker when it comes to my knowledge base. What I really like is that this website is so thorough and folks are so incredibly knowledgable (Quick, how many folks right now can name three Ami Dolenz movies? A whole bunch on here...) that it's like a living history book of that era with facts, opinions, and documentation of things that otherwise would be lost to time. It's a great site, one of the best.

[ 24. August 2010, 10:56: Message edited by: Crash ]

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Miracle Beach
She's Out of Control
Can't Buy me Love!

haha I know what you mean....I've been on here so long and I keep coming back......I've actually met in real life a few rewinders and my life wouldn't be the same if I hadn't? We all have a very cool bond for sure.

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by made in 81:
Hey everybody, I just wanted to say how much I truly love this site. I was looking for bad 80's movies and just stumbled across this. I really cannot believe the great info and knowledge of everyone on here. I have read about movies I had forgot about, and movies I never heard of that I cant wait to see! My family didnt watch much tv and we didnt own a vcr until about 1994, so I feel as if I can relive a little of my childhood being on here. Thank you so much everyone and keep up the great work!!

I remember I stumbled upon this site much the same way you did 81. I was searching online to buy the 1985 movie "My Science Project" to be exact when this site came up in the search. Once I clicked on it and saw that there was not only a good in-depth review on the film, but also trivia facts, a movie clip, user commentary, and best of all, links to purchase it. Let's just say I was more than satisfied...Hell, I was in awe. Much like I always am whenever I run across anyone who remembers this film. But anywho, I tend to frequent this site plenty now since then. There's an abundance of good movies I've never seen before that have been discussed on here. And I'm always happy to hear of more. What can I say?...The rewind crew here rocks! And you've all done a fine, fine job....keep it up
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
made in 81
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 9099

Member Rated:
lol, yeah everyone is kinda sick of hearing me talk about this site, I can be on here for hours and still havent touched vast wealth of info! I love the threads of "name this movie pic" and love that there are links to so many things. By far the best movie site ever! I posted my 1st question on here the other day expecting the same results I got from the 6 other sites I posted on, it was "I have no idea",so logged back in not expecting much but had 4 answers that were the movie I asked about, and someone even put a link to the part of the movie, that was amazing! Like I said, best movie site ever, I now have an obsession!
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got sucked in about 8 months ago. Best movie forum ever and that ever will be.
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:
Miracle Beach
She's Out of Control
Can't Buy me Love!

haha I know what you mean....I've been on here so long and I keep coming back......I've actually met in real life a few rewinders and my life wouldn't be the same if I hadn't? We all have a very cool bond for sure.

Darn it, Tepperman. It took you five minutes to best me and prove my point about this site! [Smile] Actually, I was thinking "Pumpkinhead II" instead of "Miracle Beach," but we all get the idea.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought this site was for fixing old VCR's. I haven't had the heart to say so.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeb Speedwagon
Rewinder
Member # 3713

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Zeb Speedwagon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with the thread starter. For example the reviews of movies seems more realible when you know they're done by someone who appreciate the 80s as much as you do. And this forum seems nice as well with plenty of posters. I hope to get more involved my self. I just wish I would've picked a better alias when first registered...

FT doesn't feel very creative...

Posts: 35 | From: Sweden | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FT.. you can go to your profile and change your screenname.. Just let us know who you become when your done. If you need help.. see NowhereGirl wait Ronnie .. sorry she keeps changing it.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home