iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » I love Short Circuit 2 more then I do the first!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I love Short Circuit 2 more then I do the first!
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been watching it this morning and I loved both movies as a kid......I really think I watch 2 more!

The cast rocks.....Cynthia Gibb, Fischer Stevens and Micheal Mckean.

"Los locos kick your ***, Los locos kick your face, Los locos kick your balls into outer space"

Johnny 5 has so much heart in this one.....when he's wandering the streets trying to fit in....I love him.

Love the freezer scenes and the phone musical # "help me Rhonda"

Johnny 5 and the mohawk "holding out for a hero" and who doesn't cry at the end??? c'mon

"Mr. Johnny 5"

-

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just bought the dvd and i think that i´m gonna watch it later this week.
I liked the original and look forward to see this sequel.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i never cared for the original, even though i own it. i probably bought it to show to my daughter. i haven't watched it in a long time because it wasn't a movie i had to see every now and then (like valley girl, for instance).
but part 2 is definitely more fun, IMO. [Smile]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ronnie you know I used to like the first as a kid.....and I bought the DVD @xmas and I didn't even finish it. It goes so much into the government parts I got bored? I love Guttenberg and Sheedy..........but somehow 2 surpasses for me.
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always passed up on part two in the $5 dollor bin, but this might push me to committ...I have part one but have not seen it since I was a kid....don't remember it too much....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the first film was just a 'family' film, but the sequel was more of a comedy.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not sure which one I like better. I remember part 1 being one of very few films which Guttenburg was actually likeable in. And I remember Fisher Stevens basically stealing the show in part 2 with his naiveness and ridiculously funny foreign accent. I guess I'll go out on a limb and say I enjoy both movies equally.

[ 14. August 2010, 18:50: Message edited by: Pyromantic ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a kid I watched part two much more as well!! I think I had the two movies combined in to one in my memory bank. When I bought them both a few years ago I definatley enjoyed two better. Good call!
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Fischer Stevens does steal the show and how great he is???? I never think of him as him but him as Ben the character.....he doesn't even look like himself? you know?

-

-

Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd have to watch them both again to make a decision on which I prefer. At the moment I feel like I like them both equally. I can see why you guys like the second one better for sure, but I don't know, the first one rocks too.
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched Short Circuit 2 yesterday and i also enjoy both movies equally.

About halfway through the movie my son said that this is not as good as the original
(which had more action and he has not time enough to read all the subtitles [Smile] )
But i think that he still liked it in the end.

Good cast, some clever ideas and a cheesy romance [Cool]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Horned King
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2691

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Horned King   Author's Homepage   Email The Horned King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the Original: Johnny Five singing "More Than a Woman... More Than a Woman to Meeee..." and the dance with Ally Sheedy in her nightgown is a sci-fi fanboy's fantasy dream, lol!

From Part Two: When Johnny 5 is badly damaged and cannot speak properly aymore: "K.O., Derf..." ("O.K., Fred") How sad that was to see good ole Number Johnny 5 get smashed up!

Posts: 974 | From: Mel's Diner | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Short Circuit 2 had so much heart I tell you......heart!

"i'm holding out for a hero....." It totally made me cringe when Johnny 5 got smashed up....cringe and cry.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah, i really felt bad for Johnny 5 too.
Could you guys imagine Short Circuit 3 with gold plated J5?? [Smile] [Smile]

Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
ok i'm totally watching Short Circuit right now to give it another chance [Big Grin] .....haha what would part 3's storyline be Atomik?
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Hard to say, but it would have been great to see J5 in L.A.
or a chase scene in the streets of San Francisco [Cool]

Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
ok I watched Short Circuit last night....I think when I watched it a few months back i was too occupied? It was great.....!!

"Who's Johnny she said....." kept getting stuck in my head.....i'd forgotten how much I loved that song as a kid.

Sheedy was a freaking doll. I kept laughing at how many cats kept crawling around....talk about a cat lady

-

Lets play find the kittens.....
 -

I couldn't resist being cheesy......it's my own fear of being a cat lady....now I can say i'm like Stephanie!

And almost forgot

"hey lasor lips your mama was a snow blower"

I used that one all the time as a kid!!

I still love 2 more.....but they both rock.

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched part 2 this morning and it still holds true.. just like Muffy, 2 is way better.

I really do not like Ally Sheedy, but I don't think that's the reason for me not liking the first one as much.

Part 2 is more fun. Love Cynthia Gibb. [Smile]

I'll definitely take Bonnie Tyler's Holding Out For A Hero over El Debarge's Who Is Johnny!

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I'll do you one better, I bought the Short Circuit 2 Blu ray!

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
I love this little thread...... [Big Grin]

Ronnie have you watched the 1st again though??? It really is great......I still laugh at my little kitten point out above [Smile]

awww i'd forgot about Atomik's idea for a sequel hahaha

Now were there ever toys that came out at the time?

I still won't see Wall-E.......those Johnny 5 copiers!!!! damn new movies and their unoriginality!

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Bonnie Tyler's Holding Out For A Hero over El Debarge's Who Is Johnny
Not fair! 'Who's Johnny' was for Short Circuit, 'Holding Out' was for Footloose!

"Who's Ronnie? Muff said, and smiled in her special way"

"We're holdin' out for a Devo 'til the end of the night"

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home