iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 10 To Midnight

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 10 To Midnight
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"10 To Midnight" stars Charles Bronson in the lead role with a supporting cast that includes Lisa Eilbacher, Andrew Stevens, Gene Davis, Geoffrey Lewis, and Wilford Brimley.

This is my favorite Charles Bronson movie from the 80's.  I actually think it is quite clever though shocking at the same time. Bronson is at his best when his characters are pushed to the edge of no return.  He is even willing to break the law in order to bring justice which is a strange mixture and somewhat backfires on him in this movie.

Gene Davis is quite creepy as Warren Stacy the killer and gives an excellent performance as an intelligent psycho. Really liked how he setup his own alibis such as the one in the beginning by making a scene with the two girls at the movie theater so that they would remember him.

Lisa Eilbacher was great as Bronson's daughter who's character seemed to inherit some of her father's brash characteristics.  And how about her nursing student roommates that included Ola Ray and Kelly Preston.

And though I've never been a huge Andrew Stevens fan, he is actually very good as a straight laced cop that won't go along with Bronson's planting of evidence.  This is further complicated by his involvement with Bronson's daughter in the movie.  

I must warn there is quite a bit of nudity and some graphically shocking murder scenes.  But "10 To Midnight" is actually I rather well done 80's thriller/slasher.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never seen this one, Val. But I love the poster art - man, I miss that from the old days! Thanks for the review, I'll see about watching this one sometime [Smile]
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember this strictly from a late-night viewing in my youth. Seem to recall this was rather good thriller.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never saw this. Will look for it in my hubby's stash of 80's vhs. He is a Bronson fan. I liked the Death Wish movies.

Coincidentally, I was watching Alfred Hitch**** series (the 30 minute episodes) last night on RTV, and a young Bronson was one of the main characters of the episode that was on last night.

Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a movie I always wanted to see but never got around to it.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valley i'm going to watch this soon....it's on ON Demand right now and on that IMPACT movie channel famous for great lesser known 80's movies.....i'll let you know what I think :)it messed up though and is listed as 1973? haha
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is one of the best and creepiest 80s thrillers.
I remember getting some 80s Bronson flicks few years ago
and i really liked this and Murphy´s Law.
I should watch them again.

I remember that the score was very good and
like Valley said there´s some nudity and graphic violence.

Recommended!

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw this a few years ago, pretty good Bronson thriller. I think this was based on the Richard Speck murders. One thing I found ridiculous was the whole killer in the buck thing, I mean I know the women are terrified, but no one can survive a good kick to the exposed nads!
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bronson's best Cannon flick, by far...

That scene where he belittles the killer and makes fun of his penis pump is beyond awesome!

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finished this last night and I loved it! it was so cheesy but so action packed it kept me entertained and I didn't fall asleep! the nude parts were so funny though.....and the shot were you see the bed frame in front of him and some "man bush" made me laugh so hard!

Didn't expect to see Kelly Preston either that was a cool surprise. I really liked this one....the penis pump was so funny plus "his knife is his penis" it was delivered so seriously I laughed so hard [Big Grin]

Totally would recommend but like Atomik said there is nudity and graphic violence.

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Warrior mentioned this movie in "The Seduction" thread and I agree it is the best of the Andrew Stevens movie roles.

Muffy.. nice manners babe! [Big Grin] Definitely cool to find Kelly Preston in this film. Oh and that girl from MJ's Thriller video too.

Just watched Geoffrey Lewis in 'NotC' the other night after power gloving the retro-arcade near my house. [Cool]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice pick Valley. Saw this at the theater when it came out. Mom took us to see lots of Bronson movies. Liked it because of the vigilante. Valley...I had no idea Kelly Preston was in this, It should definitely be revisited.
Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skatexedge
Master Rewinder
Member # 5712

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for skatexedge   Email skatexedge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good stuff! My kind of cop movie! CB was the man!!
Posts: 294 | From: Arizona | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

love this movie,gene davis the brother of the late brad davis from midnight express is very convincing as the sadistic killer who likes to stalk his lady victims in a state of undress.

-

i'm suprised he never went on to bigger things,i know he had a bit part in another j lee thompson bronson movie messenger of death but apart from that i can't recollect seeing him in much else.

as much as we have been knocking andrew stevens acting on here of late i thought he turned in a pretty decent performance as well.

i remember i think it was during the late 80s one of the local itv stations here in the u.k aired 10 to midnight but accidentently showed it in its unedited version and copped a real dressing down plus a hefty fine.

-

growing up i used to get really excited before sitting down to watch a new bronson movie,the guy's a legend who has left us many action classics to enjoy.

-

opening credits music - http://youtu.be/xP0-ZYG8l0Y .

[ 10. April 2012, 08:01: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
10 to Midnight is now in my instant que!
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spreadking
Master Rewinder
Member # 7280

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spreadking   Email Spreadking   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched 10 to Midnight on Utube. Hadn't seen the full movie in a long while. Great action/slasher/thriller/comedy/nude factor. I give it 5/5.
Posts: 215 | From: Central TX | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bronson enters the room,stares at the punk/mugger/rapist cue the music - http://youtu.be/HLIDEVrJoiI .

don't mess with charlie bronson! [Mad]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home