iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Summer Fantasy (1984)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Summer Fantasy (1984)
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Summer Fantasy is a fine teen beach tv-drama.

Starring Julianne Phillips (Fletch Lives), Ted Shackelford, Michael Gross, Dorothy Lyman,
Paul Keenan and Danielle von Zerneck (My Science Project, Dangerous Curves)

After graduating high school, Carrie needs something to do for the summer.
She goes to lifeguard try-outs and gets the job.
In this hot Los Angeles summer, she will fall desperately in love with a much older lifeguard.
(taken from IMDb)

See hot bikini´s, some dunebugging, rollerskating and surfing.
This movie also includes nice training montage and hilarious disco dancing.
Pure 80s stuff.

The score is pretty good for a tv-production and i like the theme tune.

Like i said it´s a nice movie but if you´re looking for teen sex comedy,
you will be disappointed.

-

[ 24. February 2012, 01:34: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You make the coolest write ups Atomik!

I love 80's tv movies and wish I knew about more.....I know Julianne Phillips best from a 90's show Sisters that I loved then.

Training montage and disco dancing just made me hunt this down on Amazon [Smile]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You make the coolest write ups Atomik!
Well said.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something is pulling me toward this thread... oh I see it now, it's the 80s rollerskating... if it's anything like what is in Running Scared... I've died and gone to heaven.
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel bad, I've had this VHS for years and have yet to watch it from start to finish. The only thing I know about Julianne Phillips was her Springsteen connection before he hooked up with Patty Scalifa.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys for the kind words.

The scenes i mentioned aren´t necessarily very long,
but it´s a nice flick and well worth hunting.

Now i don´t remember Sisters...
Maybe they aired it here but i wasn´t paying attention.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Atomik I watched this last night after a day of laying in the sun with my friends.....it was fitting watching it and applying aloe to my sunburn haha

It felt like a long 80's tv show for me. Even the dad from Family Ties and Naomi from Mamma's Family played her parents. Danielle Von Zerneck should have had a bigger part? It had the cute story...some comedy...some drama....a cheesy dance. It was good....i'd proably never watch it again though [Smile]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home