iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Illegally Yours (1988)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Illegally Yours (1988)
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, so I watched this for the first time and it was a weird experience. I was hating it at first and for probably the first half of the movie. And it is not often that I hate an 80s movie. Then all of a sudden it turned around. I really enjoyed the second half and I'm not sure if it was because the movie got better or if I just finally 'got' what they were trying to do. I think it was just better towards the end, especially since Colleen Camp finally got some good scenes. This was definitely a wacky 80s comedy, as it did not take itself very seriously, and there were quite a few running gags throughout. I don't know, I guess all-in-all, I liked it. Could have had a better soundtrack though. [Smile]

What did you guys think of it?

-

Plot:
Called up for jury duty, Richard Dice finds his first crush and only real, but unrequited love, on trial for murder. Richard desperately tries to prove Mollys innocence while untangling a complicated web of murder, blackmail and perjury, and still trying to win over the girl of his dreams.

Cast:
Rob Lowe
Colleen Camp

Taglines:
The most fun you can have without being hauled into court.
Everything's admissible in courtship.
A girl on her way to being convicted. A smitten juror who's really conflicted. A lawless affair that's totally restricted.

Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw this one a long long time ago....I remember liking it ok....But there must have been a reason I haven't been quick to buy it or pick it up now??.....I do really like Colleen Camp though. She's one those actresses you don't think too extra about but she's been in sooooo many movies and is still working....a good character actress. She was Yvette the maid in Clue!

[ 07. June 2010, 09:27: Message edited by: Muffy Tepperman ]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Secret Admirer you put all your heart into writing a post about a movie a month ago and no one even hates the movie enough to write that they hate it? haha

I just saw this again on MoviePlex last night. I really do like Colleen Camp! It really is a unique movie maybe that is what makes a "weird experience" for real? there is so much going on in the story your like "wait....what?....who's that?" " I don't get it"

but there is a cute chemistry that unravels between Lowe and Camp. His family is so quirky. I probaly won't watch it again unless in 10 or more years I forget about it again...haha

I did geek out in the scenes in the record store when I could spot cardboard record promos of Cindi Lauper and such, I wish I had!!!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL, thank you for taking pity on me and posting, Muffy. But this thread would have been so awesome if no one had responded [Big Grin]
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't see this. Must've come during a busy thread period.

I thought this movie was ok, if a little unremarkable.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched Illegally Yours.
It was a crazy, wacky and silly screwball comedy.
Everyone´s always in a hurry in this movie.
And it has more chase scenes than most action films [Cool]

I liked Lowe´s family. And Wally was great.
I also wanted to see more Colleen Camp.
Lowe had so cool glasses [Wink] no wonder they erased them from the cover of the dvd release

I agree that the soundtrack could have been better
but somehow the Johnny Cash tune "Love is a Gambler" is a perfect theme song for this flick.

I didn´t laugh much but this movie made me feel pretty good.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
Thanks for adding your aTomiK Touch® to this thread. I do love your Finnish vhs covers.

This movie could have been a little better if it had a good soundtrack. I deduct points for that. I didn't like the Johnny Cash song in it. Also, it's so screwbally that it gets a little out of hand, especially in the beginning when you are trying to figure out what the hell is going on. Everyone seems to agree that his family and the tow truck driver are cool. The two girls following people around in their car are alright too.

Anyway, if you've never seen this one - don't worry - you can skip it [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home