iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The 13 Most Iconic Villains in Horror History

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The 13 Most Iconic Villains in Horror History
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found a photo gallery where they revealed 'The 13 Most Iconic Villains in Horror History' .. thought it would make a fun discussion for us and we could add our own iconic horror villains. I don't necessarily agree with all their choices, but liked that the 80's got represented rather well:

1. Freddy Krueger "A Nightmare on Elm Street" (1984)

2. Jason Voorhees "Friday the 13th" (1980)

3. Jaws "Jaws" (1975)

4. Jigsaw "Saw" (2004)

5. Hannibal Lecter "The Silence of the Lambs" (1991)

6. Michael Myers "Halloween" (1978)

7. Leatherface "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" (1974)

8. Chucky "Child's Play" (1988)

9. Ghostface "Scream" (1996)

10. Jack Torrance "The Shining" (1980)

11. Norman Bates "Psycho" (1960)

12. Regan MacNeil "The Exorcist" (1973)

13. Damien Thorn "The Omen" (1976)

Who would you add to the list?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dracula, played by Christopher Lee. Especially in my fave horror Dracula: Prince of Darkness (1966)

Lord Summerisle, The Wicker Man (1973)

Pinhead, Hellraiser films.

Murder Legendre, White Zombie (1932)

The Invisible Man (1933)

The Tall Man, Phantasm films.

Dracula, played by Bela Lugosi (1931)

Andre Linoge, Storm of the Century (1999)

Razorback (1983)

Nosferatu (1922)

[ 05. June 2010, 16:19: Message edited by: There'll be no morning for us ]

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cropsy "The Burning" (1981)

Henry "Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer" (1986)

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kingcain
Master Rewinder
Member # 6644

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Kingcain   Author's Homepage   Email Kingcain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Catus Jack ""The Villian" 1979
(hey who said they had to be scary...)
But if I have to add a scary one...
Alien "Alien" 1979

Posts: 125 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd add

The Tall Man (Phantasm films)
Pinhead (Hellraiser films)

C'mon...surely I'm not the only one who was scared senseless by the Tall Man???

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
definately pinhead! he scares me lol
Hmmmmm? gremlins.....lol!

Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about Belial Bradley from "Basket Case"? That movie still creeps me out!

One more..

The Thing

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That super creepy old guy from Poltergeist 2.....yikes!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, even though Poltergeist 2 was somewhat of a subpar sequel. Rev. Henry Kane was the very definition of creepy!
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to add Christine. Pretty iconic IMO.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is one that has not been mentioned as yet.

The murderous alien from "The Hidden" (1987).

[ 09. May 2012, 14:55: Message edited by: Lovers with Cassie ]

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aTomiK stole mine! i was going to add christine. michael myers and christine would be my two choices, i had various bad dreams about both. [Frown]

i saw basket case for the first time a couple of years ago and that "thing" was freaky sick but funny at the same time haha.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Stephen King came up with some great icons. Besides Christine and Jack, there's the gypsy from Thinner, Pennywise from IT, Carrie, and of course The Mangler-A laundry folding machine possessed by a demon from Hell. Never saw it but did read the story.
Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Basket Case is one of my husband's faves, so I saw that early on-plus the sequels [Confused] Add to that list of shame is Street Trash, Bad Taste and the Tromaville movies. Ick.
Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a few i'd add to this list:

The Joker "Batman" - Might not compare to the level of creepiness of some of the other choices. But I still think Nicholson did a great job in the role.

Matt Cordell "Maniac Cop" - Now here's one that easily belongs on this list..You don't get much creepier and psychotic than this.

Alex Forrest "Fatal Attraction" - This film single-handedly catapolted Glenn Close to Immortal Psycho status in my book. Never could look upon her in the same light after this..she scared the bejesus out of me in this movie.

The Leprechaun "Leprechaun" - Bigtime creepiness for such a small person. It still strikes me as funny how Warwick Davis can play such an endearing role as "Willow" and then turn around and give us this.

Nosferatu "Nosferatu the Vampyre" - Ummm...Why is this one not on the list??...Do I really need to explain why it should be on there?

Pennywise "It" - There's never been a freakier clown...and I highly doubt there ever will be.

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hadn't thought about adding Christine. Pennywise the clown slipped my mind...he's definitely scary!
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home