iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Great Outdoors (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Great Outdoors
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wiping bugs in your face is disgusting. Catbutts however, I think we've all done that.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm starting to realize why I'm an 'indoor' kind of guy..
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HA!
Come on guys it's like glo in the dark play-do
you can't knock it til you've tried it???
 -

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I see is a flying ****roach with a glowing butt. The glow is nice, but bugs make want to say... "eeeeeeeeuuuuuuwwww!"
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are small. It's like catching a lady bug. You haven't lived until you've done it! Of course that was when I was a kid and not scared of anything. Now days might be a little different! [Smile]
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's that time again for a handful of viewings of this movie. I think I might have to watch it this weekend sometime. For me, summers = up north vacations. This movie is just perfect when you are longing for nights on the lake.
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
bump because of huge spam surge.
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went into the 1979 and older board and the spam was at least 6 pages in. I stopped at page 6. Geez, how you get rid of these jerks?
Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha thanks for digging this one gordon!that was a good laugh [Smile]

I'm going to watch it again soon here too....maybe a double feature with Summer Rental!

This thread makes me miss the Rewind before all the spamming....6 pages....that's ridiculous....has the Rewind been linked on something?

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
No problem Muffy. Good call on double feature and I feel like a good third would be weekend at Bernie's! I didn't get to this movie yet, but this could be the weekend. Really wanting to watch it right now!!

Ya, I think the spam is really hurting the posting here. Things are slow, that's for sure.

gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
With summer almost here, I've started to think about this movie a lot. It's a tradition to watch this movie every year around this time. It's also always with us when we rent a cabin up north in WI, in case we have a rainy day. This movie has become one of my all time favorites and can't wait to watch it again here soon.
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rewatched The Great Outdoors and while it´s not among my favorite Hughes films it has it´s moments.

I especially like the first 30 mins with Candy and Aykroyd firing on all cylinders.
After that it ´s not that funny and i´ve never been a big fan of animal humour so that doesn´t help.
I love Aykroyd´s laugh which they could´ve used more.

The production had it´s problems right from the get go.
Director Deutch said he was a wrong man for the job and Candy was upset because he had to shave his big beard which he thought was fitting for his character.

Hughes wanted to re-cut the film but Universal said there´s no time because the summer release was just around the corner.
The Great Outdoors did pretty well in the box office and has many devoted fans so who am i to blame it.

"You've got an awful lot of nerve, Roman, a lot of nerve." [Smile]
 -

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by gordongecko:
With summer almost here, I've started to think about this movie a lot. It's a tradition to watch this movie every year around this time.

Good fun but not my first go to John Candy Summer movie (God I wish it was still Summer) as that's still got to be Summer Rental for me!

It is certainly likeable enough and i do have it in my collection but I agree Atomik that the laughs do peter out in the later stages of the movie.

[ 09. January 2017, 08:10: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"YOU WERE JUST PICKING YOUR NOSE!"
Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Yogi and Boo Boo in the flesh...I wish Ranger Smith would show up and get us home...hey easy on the roof, pal! We should have brought Uncle Roman's car...."

[ 09. January 2017, 18:53: Message edited by: Chris the CandyFanMan ]

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
You guys watch your mouth! This movie is perfect in every way. Ok maybe not but I do love it. I think the end of the movie gets a little off course. I don't love the mine scene with the bear. And of course the love story is awkward. I do, however, think there are several great laughs in the second half. I don't actually know where the second half would start, but the scene at the bar with Roman and Chet is so great. "I have to go introduce "Mr Thick $%# to Mr Urinal Cake." "Go find yourself a spin cycle!" The bat scene! The old 96er! Either way, this movie is one that really connects with me. One of my all time favorites.
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

What about Summer Rental gordongecko are you a big fan of that as I've always found that to be blast to watch and i love the Jimmy Buffett track Turning Around from the soundtrack - https://youtu.be/vV0nwotenXg

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
Oh yeah, I like Summer Rental quite a bit too. I think for me, Great Outdoors just really hits home. Because my vacations in the summer are heading up north to a lake usually, Great Outdoors makes me feel nostalgic. Plus it's supposed to take place in my home state of Wisconsin!
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
I love the trivia you have for all these Hughes movies, Atomik. You're really selling that book!
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home