iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Night of the Demons (1988)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Night of the Demons (1988)
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Watched this for the first time tonight. Kind of out of season since this is a Halloween flick, but that's OK. I guess it's a horror movie, but it definitely seemed more funny to me. Was cool to see Linnea Quigley and one of the actresses from "Sleepaway Camp 3" in this. The character of Angela reminded me of Fairuza Balk in "The Craft."

I could see myself watching this every year around Halloween. Guess it's getting the remake treatment soon too....

Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this looks freaky kinda naughty.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Night of the Demons is fun stuff.
This movie was not available here
but i made a trip to Greece, Kos island in 1992 and bought this from a local video store.

In real life, the razor blade filled apple would be a very unpleasant surprise [Cool]

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you see enough horror movies-it's like yeah yeah knife, axe, chainsaw, so what? Have only seen this movie the one time, but the "stitches" scene still stands out.
Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like this one..(everyone was warned of trick or treating and razors here in the US)..haha I even bought NOTD 2 from the 90's at Goodwill and enjoyed it's cheesefilledness [Smile]
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm curious about part 2...Does it have any relation to the first one?
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I own all 3 of these movies. Both sequels are considerably more bloody and violent compared to the first film...That doesn't exactly make them better though. In fact, unless you're REALLY into this series..I say watching part 3 is just a waste of your time. But I really dig Angela..one of the better horror film villians by far.

And I also read about the remake...I'm not sure how I feel about it yet..though the cheesiness factor of these films does beg for a remake to be done...It's the cheesiness to films like these that I still hold dear. So..I dunno...I'm on the fence with this one.

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is one of my all time favorite gore/horror flicks.
Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home