iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The In Crowd (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The In Crowd
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dreeeeaaaaaammmmmmyyy!!
 -

[ 19. March 2016, 12:33: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bahaha, i love the comeback, Pyro!

muffy, that was soo funny. i love Donovan in Cutting Class, creepy, yet..flattering? [Wink]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a movie that I cherish for several reasons.. [Cool]

Good or bad .. I have a ton of Del's qualities in myself.. like when Del spots the shy girl with the brace on her leg in the crowd and walks over to her and asks her to dance.. that is totally something I would do.

and you can ask Ronnie.. I'm always saying:

"Nice is two o'clock in afternoon.. I wanna be midnight .. quarter to three!"

And I really am that.. it is just that I don't show it to everyone. [Wink]

Let's dance!

Great pics Muffs & Pyro!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"hey! Vickie's got a new boyfriend! he's soooo cute!"

i love Del. his hair is great haha. and i totally wanna be his dance partner. [Smile]

quote:
when Del spots the shy girl with the brace on her leg in the crowd and walks over to her and asks her to dance.. that is totally something I would do.
that is you, Val. awww!

quote:
and you can ask Ronnie.. I'm always saying:
"Nice is two o'clock in afternoon.. I wanna be midnight .. quarter to three!"

haha, you are so midnight! [Wink] great line!
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthony33
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9820

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Anthony33   Email Anthony33   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ronnie:
anthony,
yes. you have to pay a bit extra for blu-ray but they are definitely available. [Smile]

And you can rent movies that are only available on VHS too? Isn't Donovan Leitch also the son of singer Donovan?
Posts: 60 | From: Long Island, NY | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthony33
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9820

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Anthony33   Email Anthony33   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pyromantic:
this is a great movie.
And honestly, There's nothing "Dirty Dancing" had that this movie didn't already have. Makes me wonder how "Dirty Dancing" ever topped this movie. It was probably that damn "She's like the Wind" song that Swayze sang for the soundtrack that had all the soccer moms swooning...lol...ok..that and Jennifer Grey was obviously much cuter than Jennifer Runyon.

Anyway..yeah..this is a good flick. I highly recommend it too.

I think Jennifer's way cuter.
Posts: 60 | From: Long Island, NY | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anthony .. that is correct about Donovan. But the even cooler thing to me has always been the fact that he is the older brother of Ione Skye. [Cool]
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Cutting Class Donovon reminds me of Michael Biehn [Razz]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

haha Helen, i totally see that! [Wink]
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

OK, so all of the talk on this movie had me put it on Netflix today and I was so glad I did. The spin move in the beginning is still amazing and I even downloaded a few songs that I didn't have from the movie. Oddly the only other thing of note that Vicky was in was the blonde patient from ghostbusters in the lab. Wasted talent. Anyway I like it better than Hairspray even though they are similar the soundtrack of actual music pits it over the top for me.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Devo.. that scene in "Ghostbusters" is just so good though and it totally sets the tone of the movie.

Besides "The In Crowd" and "Ghostbusters".. I usually think of Jennifer Runyon from "Charles In Charge" and "Up The Creek". But I agree that she was not in enough movies in the 80's.

I haven't seen "18 Again" in years.. but I remember her being it as well.

Anthony33
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9820

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:
scarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry!

-

Good photo. I like Cutting Class, good horror movie. It also had Jill Schoelen, kind of an '80s scream queen, with also Popcorn and The Stepfather to her credits. I heard she was even dating co-star Brad Pitt at the time. Okay, so Popcorn came out in 1991. Here's an article where she was interviewed as one of Dred Central's Final Girls. I guess she made it to the end of a lot of horror movies, surviving and killing off the bad guys:

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/36208/dread-centrals-final-girls-jill-schoelen

Cutting Class is a favorite of mine. I like the part where Donovan Leitch's character leaves a math problem on the blackboard in which one of the doors is the correct answer and where he's waiting at the other end of the door with the wrong answer. Classic slasher scene, I don't want to wreck it for those who haven't seen it. The ending was kind of cool too, reminded me of a lot of action movies, where they usually fight it out in some kind of abandoned factory ala Terminator or Cobra, except in this one it's in the wood shop classroom. Good stuff. Some decent kills in this movie too, from what I remember.

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

Ok muffy is gonna laugh at this if she hasn't already seen it, what about you Val? This is an awkward interview with Donovan and Ione....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTPbTNZg5nw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that is a riot to watch Ronnie!!!

Now could his eyes BE any scarier??? [Smile] .....look at those other cool guests?

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

haha i know... he's got his guyliner and manscara going on big time!
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Ronnie.. that was fantastic in a 'creepy pet my sister while she's talking' kind of way. [Embarrassed]

Loved the part about Ione Skye locking herself in her room and listening to "Purple Rain". [Cool]

Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alex Winter, Boy George, and Donovon all in the same room together??...And they didn't kill each other???...Wow, I would have bet money that there would have been live, on-air bloodshed with that bunch..heh
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
Ronnie.. that was fantastic in a 'creepy pet my sister while she's talking' kind of way. [Embarrassed]

i thought it was sweet..bro and sis...aww. [Smile] i bet they are close.

quote:
Loved the part about Ione Skye locking herself in her room and listening to "Purple Rain". [Cool]
i so did that! [Big Grin]

Pyro, i know.. i saw Winter and was like.. what the heck is HE doing there? it's an odd group of guests to have around at once haha.

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Ronnie .. I like how you act like you still don't lock yourself up alone in a room and listen .. or make that watch "Purple Rain". How long has it been .. three weeks? ha [Wink]

Seriously, that interview was a great find and a blast to watch.

I totally want to attend an all night movie double feature of "Say Anything" followed by "The In Crowd" now. With a dance cave 'dance off' between movies! [Cool] - whoa.. watch the couch .. might need that later.

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

Val.. you little devil. forget midnight, you are definitely a quarter to three. [Wink] ha

Say Anything and The In Crowd double feature? i love it!

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ronnie:
Ok muffy is gonna laugh at this if she hasn't already seen it, what about you Val? This is an awkward interview with Donovan and Ione....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTPbTNZg5nw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This is probably so awkward because it was taken from the late night show 'The Word' which used to be on UK TV. It reminds me of why I hated the 90's. I can vaguely remember watching that episode when it originally aired!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched The In Crowd and it was.. momentous! Truly a feelgood movie.

This is the only film Mark Rosenthal ever directed but he has written another classic, The Legend of Billie Jean.

Totally love the cast, even the "bad guy", Scott Plank as Dugan was awesome.
I kept thinking where i´ve seen him and then remembered that he had the lead role in Michael Mann´s L.A. Takedown
i watched last summer. Sadly the guy passed away in 2002.

So many magical moments in the movie:
All the english class scenes, the brace dance, the first kiss, the "battle" with Dugan etc..

I liked all the oldie tunes and the main theme, composed by Mark Snow, was just perfect.
Pure-80s-magic!

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Glad you enjoyed it so much aTomiK! [Cool]

There are several reasons as to why the Rewind means a lot to so many of us. But I'd put helping each other discover lost treasures such as movie like "The In Crowd" way up the list.

We would all still enjoy the 80's, but we would each be on our own little missions to find hidden gems without each other.

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen to that Valley!
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

When the legendary D*ck Clark passed away recently my first thoughts were of American Bandstand and D*ck Clark's Rockin New Year's Eve. I can remember my Mom swooning over D*ck Clark being an ageless wonder in her eyes when I was a kid.

Hearing the news of D*ck Clark's passing was not shocking to me because most of us saw first hand the struggles he endured over his last several years every New Year's Eve, but it still evoked memories of my youth and how this iconic figure touched me.

Which is why I posted this here! You see D**k Clark is all over "The In Crowd" .. referred to often and he was almost an obsession of Perry Parker because D*ck Clark had achieved the success that Perry Parker desperately seeked.

So if you haven't seen "The In Crowd", I highly recommend it. The movie is currently available on Netflix and I encourage everyone that is a fan of D*ck Clark or Perry Parker to take a few minutes this flashback Saturday morning and at least watch the beginning. [Cool]

"Oh, Chuck, I Just need to see the end of American Bandstand."

Most people know that I'm a huge fan of the movie "Can't Buy Me Love" as well. And one of my favorite lines when I see someone on tv that just can't dance .. I'm quick to utter the infamous Chuckie Miller line:

"Now that ain't D*ck Clark!" [Big Grin]

[ 28. April 2012, 04:24: Message edited by: Valley ]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home