iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Voyage Of The Rock Aliens (1987)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Voyage Of The Rock Aliens (1987)
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
has anyone seen this? is it worth even trying to track down a copy of? haha it looks so cheesy but the "look" of the movie seems cool.

i have never heard of it before today but i see it has craig sheffer and pia zadora. the music sounds pretty cool and the dance sequences look fun too.

kind of reminds me of EARTH GIRLS ARE EASY.

here's the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgzOl2QHk38

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love that movie and own the VHS tape!
Check out this Pia Zadora topic:

http://www.fast-rewind.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=008721#000000

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh thanks aT.
i see there were a few topics regarding this movie already, which i never knew about hehe.
it's cool to see the different cover art from the movie. i like this one too..

-

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, that looks amazing!
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ronnie.. that cool cover art almost makes me want to watch this movie again. I really didn't care for it the first time around.. but aTomiK and you are inspiring me to give it another chance.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a screen shot of Craig Sheffer's lip syncing/trying to be a "wildcat". He's way over the top in this movie.
 -
It's supposed to be fun/campy, but I'd watch Xanadu over it any day of the week.
Ruth Gordon's last movie-what a way to go out! The clothes and hair are really cool/retro-and it features Jimmy and the Mustangs.
I put movies into 2 categories: watch once, or over and over (and over). This is definitely a oncer [Smile]

Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

well it definitely does look like a movie i'd probably watch "once."
especially since i have never even heard of it.

but a saw a few clips on youtube and i think it would be neat to see the 80s style of the movie.. the music..the outfits, etc. [Smile]

valley, you gotta love the lady with the records around her wrists in that picture. [Wink]

Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ronnie did you watch it? I just did today [Big Grin] omg the music is what makes it enjoyable....I still have When the Rain Begins to Fall in my head....Bammersy that pic above when he sings Nature of the Beast.....that exact picture overlay of the cat cracked me up too haha WHAT A MOVIE! haha made me interested in Pia Zadora now for sure.
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are good 80s movies, like Sixteen Candles....and then there are great 80s movies, like Voyage of the Rock Aliens.
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home