iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Boogada Boogada Boogada Ha Ha HA!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Boogada Boogada Boogada Ha Ha HA!
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wanted to say i finally sat down and watch St Elmo's Fire Uncut on Encore..And i have to say i really enjoyed the movie [Smile] I've tried watching S.E.F. in the past when i was a lot younger and just didnt get it. But now that in my 30s i guess i can appreciate how really great of a movie it is...I mean all the talented actors from the 80s are timeless. It's it me or is that today's young actors just dont have that special something? Anyways i really dont wanna start a "thing" about young actors of the 80s vs 2010s young actors i just wanted to say how i have grown to love St Elmo's Fire.
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That´s how it goes CrashesParties n TheValley,
i´m glad that you liked it now.
And you´re right, 80s actors have that special something [Cool]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always enjoyed this movie too...The cast is what really makes it for me. I love the drama between Judd Nelson, Ally Sheedy, and Andrew McCarthy's characters. Love Jules' awesome 80's decor too [Smile]
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i really liked emilio estevez's character and unfortunately i really am NOT an andie mcdowell fan at all. But this didnt turn me away from adding it to my collection. I didnt think the movie was great in any kind of way, but, fortunately for this movie, it was made in the 80's and it worked. Right place right time.
'its not the fat chick'

Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really was never one of my favs........I just recently bought this DVD double feature About last Night and SEF.......I've been giving all my vhs's to this 20 year old that loves 80's movies. So we do the exchange and another friend is like "omg one of the best 80's movies" about SEF........I whisper "not really" haha

she gets back to me and was like "About Last Night is great!!!! St. Elmos was just ok."

I TOTALLY AGREE!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
***Little Known Rewind Fact***

Valley's real name is Kirby.

Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've owned the VHS tape, then the DVD...sat on my shelf for years, and for some reason have yet to watch this one...maybe soon.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great movie: Rob Lowe on Sax, Emilo obesssed, Demi drunk, Judd being Judd, Alley Sheedy before the robot. Love this film, cliches aplenty but a great 80s feel.

Billy: "Jules, y'know, honey... this isn't real. You know what it is? It's St. Elmo's Fire. Electric flashes of light that appear in dark skies out of nowhere. Sailors would guide entire journeys by it, but the joke was on them... there was no fire. There wasn't even a St. Elmo. They made it up. They made it up because they thought they needed it to keep them going when times got tough, just like you're making up all of this. We're all going through this. It's our time at the edge."

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't understand why there's so little love for St. Elmo's Fire. I loved it since I first saw it.

And... it has a pretty neat soundtrack too.

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too TKO, think I'll watch it again later [Smile]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I just thought it was ok too. I'm sorry it's just a bit lacking.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Secret Admirer:

Well at least you picked my favorite character from the movie..

"There are several quintessential moments in a man's life: losing his virginity, getting married, becoming a father, and having the right girl smile at you."

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
she gets back to me and was like "About Last Night is great!!!! St. Elmos was just ok."

I TOTALLY AGREE!

She was lying to protect your feelings! She knew you didn't like it! Out of interest, when did you first see it?

quote:

His real name is Dale Biberman.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"There are several quintessential moments in a man's life: losing his virginity, getting married, becoming a father, and having the right girl smile at you." [/QB][/QUOTE]

hmmm ive got 3 out of 4...shouldnt going back in time, finding buried treasure, winning a karate tournament, singing on a parade float, catching a few ghosts and getting your heart smashed into small pieces be quintessential too?? oh right, were talking about reality...ignore heart break thing then.

Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know what else i really like about St. Elmo's Fire?(even though im a str8 guy)is Julez apartment i mean the pink was overkill but the huge Billy Idol w/the light up neon earring was "boss" i could "totally" c myself having a wall like that..maybe somebody other then billy but all in all i really like the movie..Oh i 4got to mention Wendy played by Maggie or Marge Winningham..Call me weird but i tought she was Cute..I just hate she let Rob Lowe's charater treat her like crap
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home