iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Allnighter - Susanna Hoff (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Allnighter - Susanna Hoff
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by Devolution:
quote:
Devolution here,
With all due respect to the board, I always thought this movie was terrible. It was misery.

ditto. i just couldn't get into this movie. [Frown]

[ 18. March 2011, 15:22: Message edited by: Ronnie ]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Veronica...I've actually seen the movie...I like it. I love Suzanna, and that certainly helps, but regardless.....I'm a fan. I don't have an official release DVD, so I aim to get one. I say take the plunge!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Just watched The Allnighter and it was great!

Wow, second movie in a row with a camcorder [Smile]

The cast is awesome!

Susanna Hoffs and Dedee Pfeiffer, one of the prettiest duos in movie history.
Joan Cusack great as always.
The surfer dudes John Terlesky and James Shanta were cool.
Michael Ontkean, a former student back in the neighborhood.
Funny Phil Brock as Brad, "In 6 months you´re gonna be banging on my door".
Bradford Bancroft as the crazy bartender (Hoffs had the guts to drink his booze [Big Grin] )
Pam Grier as a policewoman, now that was a surprise!
Those beautiful prostitutes and finally Max Perlich in a ten second role.

-

Love the locations, the Shangri-la, the beach, the hotel. I also love the fashion.

The soundtrack was very good.
Two great I-Ten dudes Steinberg/Kelly penned tunes (Boomerang and Ronnie Spector/Susanna Hoffs)
Mike + The Mechanics, Timbuk 3 etc.

Ronnie Spector Feat Susanna Hoffs -Dangerous

Recommended! Much better than i though it would be.

Posts: 7055 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watching this right now...About ready to turn it off, just can't get into it. Susanna Hoffs and Joan Cusack are good in it, and it was cool to see Michael Ontkean in something else (I know him from Twin Peaks), but the story isn't doing anything for me.
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah so I got around to watching it. Who recommended this? Pretty bad movie I thought. 3/10.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, who recommended this [Mad] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 7055 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valley....Muffy....aTomik........just sayin!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
OK....I did too.....I like it....I like it alot....
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bernie's hit list:

1. Valley
2. Muffy
3. aTomiK
4. kevdugp73 - "you just made my hit list buddy." - Psycho, aka Francis Sawyer, Stripes - 1981 [Razz]

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look Bernie, I'm cool with being on your hit list, but I only started the thread because I'm a fan of The Bangles and Susanna Hoffs. I don't endorse the film .. it is lacking overall in my opinion. Hoffs is a cutie .. but even she isn't enough to make me want to own it.

I'm starting to feel like Mark Kendall from "Once Bitten" after winning for best costume:

"But I'm not wearing a costume! geez!" [Wink]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Ok Bernie, wipe Valley out.
Put me or kev on top, i can be Lomax enemy no. 1 [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Suzanna is so cute...I could watch her in anything. I haven't bought this DVD yet....but I'm sooooo going to!

I'm in welcome company aTomiK....besides.....I'm convinced Lomax is an eleven year old kid with a decent vocabulary....I'm sure the two of us could take him! [Eek!] [Eek!]

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Man, I just got the best laugh from reading those last three posts.

Cheers [Big Grin]

skatexedge
Master Rewinder
Member # 5712

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for skatexedge   Email skatexedge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok. I got this from Netflix but only made it through about 30 mins or so. I can't believe that I liked this movie back in the day. It's boring and flat. Cool clothes and all but there's not much there to keep my interest.
Posts: 294 | From: Arizona | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah..i made it about 15 mins once into this film. Apparently I do not hold as strong of an infatuation with Hoffs that I once thought I did to make it through this mess of a movie.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home