iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80's Soundtracks (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 80's Soundtracks
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Zephyr:
aTomiK - great list! Near Dark is a great score! John Carpenter's scores too but hard to come by..

I love 'Less Than Zero' score too, Point Break, Tango & Cash... so many.. I think we should all move over to the '80s music section!

Yeah, there were some pretty cool soundtracks also in the early 90s.

Navy Seals, Ford Fairlane, Bill & Ted´s Bogus Journey, Days of Thunder,
Don´t Tell Mom the Babysitter´s dead, Highlander II, If Looks Could Kill, Point Break etc.

Here´s another 80´s soundtracks thread i think you should visit.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Secret Admirer:

Here's something cool. Have you guys ever heard a soundtrack before watching the movie for the first time? I did this with Thief Of Hearts. I had the soundtrack way before I ever watched the movie. I love that soundtrack, so I got to know the songs by heart, and then when I finally watched the movie for the first time, it was a really cool experience. I think I enjoyed the movie even more because of it.

I had Heavenly Bodies soundtrack before the movie
and loved to hear all the cool tunes when i watched the flick.
It really is a cool experience.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John Carepenter is so talented. Although I don't think that he can read music, he does a bang-up job with his scores. They are so distinctive, nay legendary. A friend of mine, who is the biggest Carpenter fan in the world (he actually tries to defend "Village of the Damned" as a good movie--he's hopeless), actually has a copy of the vinyl "Big Trouble in Little China" by Carpenter's group, The Coup de Villes. I think that he could get huge dinero on ebay for that because I believe that Carpenter only had 500 copies or so of it pressed, and he gave them out to friends as a Christmas gift or something.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Wow, that really is a collectors item.
I love The Coupe de Villes song and music video on the Big Trouble in Little China dvd.

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend who loves Carpenter reports from the Toronto International Film Festival that Carpenter's "The Ward" is outstanding, a return to pre-90's form for JC. Sadly, a Los Angeles judge would not let JC out of jury duty to attend the world premiere of his own movie this week!!!

[ 17. September 2010, 18:40: Message edited by: Crash ]

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bodhi Zephyr
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9067

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bodhi Zephyr   Email Bodhi Zephyr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SA - Sounds like an interesting approach!
Posts: 67 | From: Dublin, Ireland | Registered: Aug 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crash:
My friend who loves Carpenter reports from the Toronto International Film Festival that Carpenter's "The Ward" is outstanding, a return to pre-90's form for JC.

i have been waiting for THE WARD. read a bit about it and was wondering when it was going to be released.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
I don't know when "The Ward" is coming out. It played Toronto, but I don't know if it was picked up by a distributor for U.S. and Canada.
pork pie mcfly

Member # 6802

54 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for pork pie mcfly   Email pork pie mcfly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just won "The Wraith Soundtrack" on Ebay for £7.50 delivered...can you say BARGAIN!!!
Posts: 235 | From: Hill Valley | Registered: Apr 2008 | Site Updates: 54  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just got cobra soundtrack on cd for under £5,it must have been reissued because when i went to purchase it a while back it was going for silly money!
robert tepper - angel of the city http://youtu.be/gigx66JCGT4 .

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pork pie mcfly

Member # 6802

54 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for pork pie mcfly   Email pork pie mcfly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any one got Fright Night part 2 Soundtrack?
Posts: 235 | From: Hill Valley | Registered: Apr 2008 | Site Updates: 54  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adam Juhl
Senior Rewinder
Member # 10024

2 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Adam Juhl   Email Adam Juhl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
St. Elmo's Fire
Lucas
The Lost Boys
Footloose
Teen Wolf

Posts: 61 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Oct 2011 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want the Heavenly Bodies soundtrack.

It would be really something that could then go with the film.

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home