iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » ONE CRAZY SUMMER: Worth a re-rent? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: ONE CRAZY SUMMER: Worth a re-rent?
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crash:
"How I Got Into College" = two chuckles and a smile = film career wrecker for Savage Steve. It's so dull that it makes "One Crazy Summer," a marginally passable comedy, seem like "Better Off Dead."

Well, if nothing else, at least he'll always have the Whammy to his name.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Burnett
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9924

5 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Burnett   Email Burnett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One Crazy Summer is okay, but a lot less funny than Better off Dead. The cartoon sequences are great and there are some funny absurd jokes, but the retarded twins are just embarrasing, and Cusack doesn't seem to give a lot about his part. He was a lot funnier in Better off Dead and The Sure Thing. I heard he hated Better off Dead, so that could have something to do with it.
Posts: 87 | From: Belgium | Registered: Aug 2011 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't really like this movie either. My friend and I want to make a date to watch Better Off Dead and some other classics. She really wants to watch BOD soon.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i really like this movie, i wish i could spend a summer in nantucket like that.

george calmari, (joel murray) was great in this as well lots of funny lines, he should have been in alot more in my opinion.

in fact, how can like better off dead and not like this one? they are both equally great.

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i change really like to love, this movie was fun from start to finish.

i might as well make a case for the burbs while i am at it.

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zach
Master Rewinder
Member # 9459

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Zach   Email Zach   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, I did not know so many people disliked One Crazy Summer. It is one of the few comedies that I can watch repeatedly and always laugh hard. Both this and Better Off Dead are my two favorite Cusack movies because of the wacky humor and crazy characters. I can't think of one setpiece or scene that stands out in my memory, but there are many from OCS:

Egg Stork crashing the dinner party while he's in the Godzilla suit

Uncle Frank finally being the right caller for the radio contest, only to pull the plug to his phone out of the wall by accident and sending a missile to the radio DJ's house.

Pretty much all the animated sequences with the rhino, Cupid, and fuzzy bunnies.

Every time someone insults Squid's dog Boscoe and gets their comeuppance (the two little girls' faces freezing or the gas station attendant's tie getting caught in the car window)

George Calamari getting buried up to his neck in the sand under a chair when a fat guy comes to sit on it while eating a hot dog and chili beans.

Posts: 122 | From: Beverly, MA | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think we all need to head on over to the Dew Drop Inn & chill out! LOL!

Maybe Cassandra's performing tonight [Wink] !

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just bought the DVD for $3 to upgrade my VHS and to my surprise the cardboard cover I didn't think would have extras.....does!!!

A commentary with Curtis Armstrong, Bobcat and Savage Steve Holland!!

Just a heads up for OCS fans [Smile] I'm going to watch it soon.

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
i thought the commentary was funny.
Zach
Master Rewinder
Member # 9459

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Zach   Email Zach   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope you enjoy it, Muffy! It is one of those rare comedies that gets funnier upon every viewing and never loses its impact.

[ 24. September 2011, 00:28: Message edited by: Zach ]

Posts: 122 | From: Beverly, MA | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home