iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » She (1982)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: She (1982)
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched this great low-budget post-apocalyptic action flick called She.
Directed by Avi Nesher (Hollywood Cop etc.)

Starring David Goss (Armed Response, Hollywood Cop and...that´s it! I now have all the movies he ever did)
Sandahl Bergman (just before she was in Conan the Barbarian) Harrison Muller and Quin Kessler (she had a small role in Modern Girls)

-

See beautiful amazons, a robot frankenstein, mutant gang with chainsaws, werewolfs, mad scientist,
evil Godan (the man with green eyes) crazy brigekeeper which can multiply himself everytime a part of him has been cut off...
You never know what´s coming next [Cool]

I also like the rocking Rick Wakeman soundtrack.

Check out the Sandahl vs. the robot frankenstein scene here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF9IZ5-ERrc

-

[ 29. February 2012, 02:09: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only way that I can describe this movie is Red Sonja meets Mad Max.. but even that thought doesn't give this post-apocalyptic mind twister justice. I actually enjoyed it, but it was out there!
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spot-on Valley!
It´s entertaining, wild and crazy flick!

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a classic story from the same person that wrote 'King Solomon's Mines'. Never seen this version - it looks good!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen "She" in a while. I would like to view it again.

I took pleasure in this when I last watched it. I'm looking forward to writing the review for the Rewind.

By the way, aTomik, did you know that the group Bas*ard, which feature on the soundtrack, are director Avi Nesher's own band? [Smile]

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Hey, i didn´t know that!
I liked the tunes, tried to find some info
and as usual, found nothing [Smile]

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's also the origin of the phrase "She who must be obeyed".
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Great German She poster.

-

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the way, aTomik, that the back of the video box trumpets that it was based on the novel by H. Rider Haggard, who I'm sure is rolling in his grave, regretting that he didn't think to add werewolves, mutants, and chainsaws to his book. [Smile]

I'm not even sure of what to make of this ridiculous thing with all its kitchen-sink goofiness and anachronisms. It's one of those movies where if you are watching it late at night with a six-pack, it's probably fairly entertaining. Otherwise, I think that you lose IQ points by watching it sober.

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxaZMreym88
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Lovers with Cassie talked about She on the werewolf thread.
I just wonder if Johnny or young warrior know this masterpiece [Cool]

Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know it.. never seen it though.

Interestingly, She has been released here on home video under an alternate title.
It was called Barbarian here, and was released by a label called Videoscreen.
I have it listed (with pics of the sleeve and some press materials) in a 1987 video-cassette catalogue.
The earliest of the Videoscreen releases had different logo's and bigger boxes, so my guess is
that 'Barbarian' didn't come out untill '85 or '86 here, although it's hard to tell from the
pics i have of it. (they're small, and in black & white)

I love that German poster ! [Smile]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeh i've seen it atomik, long time back though,but i can still remember it being completely bonkers.

just added it to my lovefilm rental list,god only knows what the wife's is going to think of it [Big Grin]

[ 26. January 2012, 00:42: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Haha, Johnny. They definitely rode Conan the Barbarian wave there [Cool]

warrior, if i´d show this film to my wife,
she´d watch two minutes and tell me to get rid of the damn dvd immediately [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home