iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » what is tales of the gold monkey like?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what is tales of the gold monkey like?
Faust1979
Senior Rewinder
Member # 8548

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Faust1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It comes out on DVD this summer but I don't know much about it really. I was only 3 or 4 when it was on and I don't recall ever watching it. Is it a good well written show? why did it only last a single season?
Posts: 76 | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I liked BRING EM' BACK ALIVE better! Both Indy knock off adventure TV shows!
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good news, a few years back I was thinking about getting Bootleg DVD's of the series. Nice to see someone else remembers the show. It was Indy-like set in WW2 and all. Don't remember seeing Bring Em' back alive.
Posts: 4317 | From: Town called Malice | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bring Em' Back Alive intro....

Intro

Starred Bruce Boxleitner as Frank Buck. The two shows were kinda similar. I just remember this one the best. But I liked both!

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hardly remember anything but i still have a feeling
that Tales of the Gold Monkey was a good show.
This is great news and i´m going to get this one for sure!

-

Posts: 5530 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm stoked. Never thought a show like this would get the green light. Heck, Growing Pains seasons 2 and beyond aren't even or may never be in legal circulation.
Posts: 4317 | From: Town called Malice | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earl Keese
Master Rewinder
Member # 7986

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earl Keese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had that "10 year's old excited" moment when I got an automatic email announcement from Amazon that it was coming and I could pre-order. Amazon is great that way where you can sign up to be notified when something becomes available even if it is nowhere on the horizon. I had signed up for this, Matinee and others about a year ago...

Yep, this sure was a poor man's Indy and it never tried to hide the fact, but it was totally cool in an 80' rip off sort of way! Stephen Collins was awesome and I loved the dog...Along with Battlestar, Voyagers and yes Battlestar 80, this will claim a place on my shelf and in my wallet! Can't wait! [Big Grin]

Posts: 253 | From: ILLINOIS | Registered: May 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This seems so familiar! The only problem is now something bothers me about Stephen Collins haha after 7th Heaven and all.
Posts: 2908 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:
This seems so familiar! The only problem is now something bothers me about Stephen Collins haha after 7th Heaven and all.

I feel the same way! All I see is Reverend ****ing Camden [Mad] I still have nightmares about that disneyfied, leave it to beaver, bible selling, toothache inducing horror of a tv show!!! Whyyyyyy did I ever watch two seconds of that crap! I must be a masochist!
Earl Keese
Master Rewinder
Member # 7986

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earl Keese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jay Lee - I could be wrong, but I am betting it was probably less because of its wholesome family fun and more because of Jessica Biel.

Possible?

Yeah...me too. [Wink]

Posts: 253 | From: ILLINOIS | Registered: May 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goresnet
Master Rewinder
Member # 6592

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for goresnet   Email goresnet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember this!!! Man, blast from the past. Watching the intro on youtube reminds me of Tailspin!
Posts: 155 | From: League City, TX | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tinkcupcake
Rewind Curious
Member # 8769

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for tinkcupcake   Email tinkcupcake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ahhh yes "cutters goose"
a couple of weekends ago I stayed in a b&b whilst visiting my brother and they had s statue of a bronze head very much like the one from an episode of tales of the golden monkey
i got a bit giddy

Posts: 4 | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Watch your favorite 80s movies for FREE and you'll be supporting this site! There's no catch! Please just click and sign up.
Amazon want you to try their service for 30 days and will donate to us every time someone does. Thank you for supporting us!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home