iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » RIP Corey Haim (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: RIP Corey Haim
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He'll always be 'Lucas' to me. I kept hoping he'd get back on track. So sad.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SHOGUN
Master Rewinder
Member # 477

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SHOGUN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
man ...

It seems the people that i grew up on are leaving us..i know it will eventually happen, but it's just heartbreaking..Micheal Jackson was the very hardest..that was too much!
Im just bracing for Muhammad Ali..man ill be balling for weeks!!

Posts: 199 | From: LONDON | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a link to Corey Feldman on Larry King Live tonight discussing Corey Haim:

Larry King Live

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I first read about it on "The Age" website.

Very doleful to see this unfold.

Nice post on the homepage, Nick. I concur with your remarks. [Frown]

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for posting that video, valley. i really liked what feldman had to say.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sad sad sad.
I hope you finally find some peace, my friend. You'll be missed.  -

Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everyone should go to The Rewind homepage and read what Nick wrote about Corey Haim. He even put a link to this thread..

I realize there is another thread where people have shared their thoughts on Corey Haim, so I'm linking it here as well:

Corey Haim Dies at 38

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Moments like this remind me that life is a gift that we should all cherish. Carpe Diem!

Whenever I learn about someone that has died young, it is always a harsh reminder of my own mortality. When you're young you truly think that you have forever and then as you get older you are often so busy or tired it is hard to enjoy life to the fullest.

Anyone remember the scene in movie "Peggy Sue Got Married" where Peggy Sue picks up the phone and hears her grandmother's voice? Incredible scene..

I'm so calling my parents right now!

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I missed Corey Feldman on Larry King last night. I'm miffed too that the media is treating him like a casualty, this whole sick celebrity/TMZ axis is too overboard. It's 2010 right now, I shudder to think what kind of levels they could push it in 5 to 10 years. Corey, you deserved so much better.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Corey Feldman's interview with Larry King was so well-said. I'm glad he made the comment about the outpouring of emotion being too little too late.
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was always a big fan of the corey's.

i don't think i ever believed he'd be able to get his **** together, but i always hoped he did. i was very bummed when i read about this. hopefully he's free from his demons now.

RIP

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a shame... :-( 38 years old...
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saturnchick
Master Rewinder
Member # 7524

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for saturnchick   Email saturnchick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another person lost too young. Overall, it's been a bad year for 80's idols: Patrick Swayze, Michael Jackson, Farah Fawcett, John Hughes, Andrew Koenig, and now Corey Haim.
I grew up with posters of Corey, Kirk Cameron, and NKOTB all over my bedroom walls. It's sad to see him so young, healthy, and full of promise in movies like Lucas, License to Drive, and Lost Boys, when you take into consideration how tragic his life became.

RIP, Corey.

Posts: 339 | From: New York City | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many of Corey's belongings are being sold on ebay right now to help pay for his funeral costs. It's mostly his clothing but also quite a bit of movie memorabilia, like a pair of shorts he wore in "Lucas."
Corey Haim Ebay

[Editors Note: While these things will certainly be interesting for some people, most of the auctions that appear in the above link are Not being sold to pay for funeral costs... They are simply commercial eBayers ca$hing in]

[ 13. March 2010, 02:17: Message edited by: Nick ]

Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Malster
Master Rewinder
Member # 2411

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Malster   Email The Malster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very sad, and agree with posters who saw him in "The Two Coreys". He had that sad look on his face, like he was so desperate to beat his demons and make a comeback. But it's best to remember him how he was.

Another part of my childhood drifts away.

Remember the happy times, as this shows that life is too short. Regardless of your demons, we only get one crack at life and some are more fortunate than others, and in Corey Haims case he had it all.

RIP Corey.

Licence To Drive now, mate

Posts: 293 | From: London, England | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sheena
Senior Rewinder
Member # 5620

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for sheena   Email sheena   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard about it at work when my workmate sent me a link. I almost fell off my chair with shock!
I grew up with his films and he was my first celeb crush, like many of you. Lucas, License to drive, Lost Boys & Dream a little Dream were my faves.
I really thought he would overcome his demons. it's incredebly sad this happend to him.
What is more tragic is that his mom found him and she is suffering from cancer.
I feel for Corey Feldman as well, the guy has been through a lot this year-with divorce, losing MJ and now Haim. I hope he gets though this!
R.I.P Corey.

Posts: 56 | From: London,UK | Registered: Feb 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Malster
Master Rewinder
Member # 2411

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Malster   Email The Malster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard about it at work too and for a few seconds i was gobsmacked. Purely cos it made me realise that great parts of my childhood are slowly leaving me, I know that sounds stupid but i have to accept im getting older!
Posts: 293 | From: London, England | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems like - despite the animosity on 'The Two Coreys', things were starting to improve again. There's footage of them (in the interview with Feldman) laughing, and he said that they were going to do another film together. Maybe things really were back on track for Haim. If so, then it's the worst possible outcome. Feldman implied in the interview that a new Doctor had put Corey on a different course of drugs recently. It has echoes of Michael Jackson.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blake
Ace Rewinder
Member # 75

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP Corey
Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faust1979
Senior Rewinder
Member # 8548

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Faust1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP Corey even though he had some problems he seemed like a really decent guy and a good person. I feel bad for him and his family and his friend Corey Feldman.
Posts: 76 | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
such a shame. hes provided all 8os lovers with great memories, loved him in dream a little dream, a very charasmatic person who will be missed by many people, god bless you corey.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thenodfather
Master Rewinder
Member # 8732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thenodfather   Email thenodfather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When thinking about Corey Haim just his most recognisable films come to mind, The Lost Boys, Licence To Drive and Lucas, but even before and after he seemed to come and go from the radar thereare other films that he has done, Silver Bullet, Watchers, Dream a Little Dream and it’s sequel four years later and the video game Double Switch.
Corey Haim really suited me as I was never a fan of the starlets of Hollywood, the most popular of the era’s, that’s not to day I don’t respect the cinematic greats, but I have always had an affinity for those in secondary or tertiary roles and his films were never blockbusters or big box office hits, but I think that’s a good thing because allot of them time when you’re going the money, you loose allot of the substance and heart that could be in the film and Corey’s roles were characters I could somewhat Identify with, there was a certain common link there to what was happening to his characters and that is why he will always be one of my cinematic hero’s.

Rest In Peace Corey Haim. You may be gone from this world in body, but you are CERTAINLY not forgotten.

Posts: 239 | From: Ireland | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
Just read on IMDB that drugs were not Corey's cause of death, as everyone thought. Apparently, he died from pneumonia as well as lung and heart issues.
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Veronica Sawyer:
Just read on IMDB that drugs were not Corey's cause of death, as everyone thought. Apparently, he died from pneumonia as well as lung and heart issues.

Yeah... but pretty much all those things were brought on by long-term drug use.
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
Right, but he did not OD which is what most people presumed was his cause of death.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home