iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » RIP Corey Haim (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: RIP Corey Haim
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actor Corey Haim, 38, is dead after an accidental drug overdose. A spokesperson for the Los Angeles County Coroner confirmed that Haim, who battled substance addiction for several years, was found unresponsive in an Oakwood apartment and pronounced dead at Providence St. Joseph’s Medical Center at 2:15 a.m. this morning. His mother, according to FOX station KTLA, was in the apartment at the time.
-Entertainment Weekly

Haim may have lost his steam once he hit his 20's, but he was a very talented actor. "Lucas" to me, is his best performance. That movie, along with "Lost Boys" and "License to Drive," are all gems from the 80's thanks to Haim's performances. Rest in peace, Corey....

Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How sad [Frown] I had this in a text message when I woke up today. The curse of the child star continues. RIP Haimster.
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not shocked after watching the show "The Two Coreys", but still extremely sad. When you watch movies like "Lucas", "The Lost Boys", and "License To Drive" you realize the talent Corey Haim had at such a young age. But like so many.. the early success lead down a trouble path and he could never escape the demons that haunted him.

Despite their recent differences this news will be crushing to Corey Feldman.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very sad...in "The Two Coreys" you could see the pain and sadness on his face...seemed to have a good heart and an obvious desire to beat his addicition. Some of us grew up with this young man and I was always pulling for a comeback...RIP.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SHOGUN
Master Rewinder
Member # 477

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SHOGUN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very Sad but not shocked at all, unfortunately !

RIP Mr Haim.

Posts: 199 | From: LONDON | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very sad news,and yet again another actor is gone who it just didn't work out for as he got older.
Lost Boys is still one of my top films and license to drive is always good to watch.
Strangely i always thought it would be Corey Feldman that would end up this way.

Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mire Mare   Email Mire Mare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Free at last.

RIP Corey.

MM

Posts: 165 | From: Coventry, United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP Corey your films Rule man [Frown]
Posts: 729 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pork pie mcfly

Member # 6802

54 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for pork pie mcfly   Email pork pie mcfly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just found out, i can't believe it...he was one of my favourite actors.
RIP.

Posts: 235 | From: Hill Valley | Registered: Apr 2008 | Site Updates: 54  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aruba4me
Senior Rewinder
Member # 6258

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Aruba4me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just can't believe it. I actually thought Corey might finally be taming his demons. How sad, as anyone who has ever seen Lucas is a witness to an obvious talent at a very young age. Maybe now he can be at peace.
Posts: 71 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julielady
Rewind Curious
Member # 8711

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Julielady   Email Julielady   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the hugest crush on him growing up... my heart is broken
Posts: 1 | From: Nantocoke, PA | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just read the news! Sad News!
I loved him in Lucas, License to Drive, The Lost Boys and had a huge crush on him. RIP.

Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hollywood chews these kids up and spits them out. I remember hearing or reading (maybe it was on "The Two Coreys" show) that Haim and Feldman's managers introduced them to coccaine use during the making of "License to Drive" because it gave them more energy..mind you, they were both only about 14/15 at this time. Drew Barrymore was also encouraged to do drugs while making movies during her childhood as well. Hollywood is not what it's cracked up to be, espcially when it comes to kids.

I feel bad for Feldman because his wife recently left him and he lost another old BFF of his last year (Michael Jackson). I hope all of this doesn't make him turn to drugs again.

Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like Valley, I'm not really shocked to hear this. Still, though, it's sad. He was such a talented actor in the 80s. RIP
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
"I was awakened at 8:30 this morning by my brother and sister knocking on my bedroom door. They informed me of the loss of my brother Corey Haim. My eyes weren't even open all the way when the tears started streaming down my face.

"I am so sorry for Corey, his mother Judy, his family, my family, all of our fans, and of course my son who I will have to find a way to explain this to when he gets home from school. This is a tragic loss of a wonderful, beautiful, tormented soul, who will always be my brother, family, and best friend. We must all take this as a lesson in how we treat the people we share this world with while they are still here to make a difference.

"Please respect our families as we struggle and grieve through this difficult time. I hope the art Corey has left behind will be remembered as the passion of that for which he truly lived.

Corey Feldman

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that Corey Haim picture has been on The Rewind homepage for awhile, but still eerie to see it on there.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I was just thinking that... Should I leave it or remove it do people reckon..?

Obviously, I'll have to put something up there in tribute anyway...

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Leave it....definately. gone but not forgotten x
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Nick .. definitely leave it. I just thought it was a bit ironic to see him on the homepage. Similar to John Hughes.. a tribute by you for Corey Haim is a must!
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You'll see I put up a minor rant on the homepage... I was reading the mainstream news media and it seems they've almost universally decided to mock and deride poor Corey.

Really spiteful stuff, some of it and its just so unnecesary.. What ever happened to the simple concept of respect? [Frown]

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is so sad corey was a great actor RIP corey !!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cowboy10uk
Master Rewinder
Member # 117

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Cowboy10uk   Email Cowboy10uk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sad, Ive just found out, Yet another great 80's actor leaves us. He provided us with so much fun and entertainment in his films, Sadly later life wasnt so kind.

RIP Corey. Never forgotten

Posts: 158 | From: Hazzard County | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Leave the pic, Nick. And your "rant" was well said.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very sad, thought he was over the worst of his problems. Just take a look at the '80s Movies You Can't Get Enough Of' thread and see how many people put 'The Lost Boys' in their top 10.

Corey Haim was one the enduring icons of the 80s so lets remember him as he was.

Nick, I've not read the mainstream media's take and nor did I ever watch 'The Two Coreys'. The mainstream media / those who control it are in a downward spiral; morally and intellectually so I can't say I'm surprised by the depths to which they're prepared to sink for a cheap laugh.

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earl Keese
Master Rewinder
Member # 7986

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earl Keese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always liked this little scene in the lost boys where Grandpa was getting ready for a big date and was looking for some aftershave and Sam suggested Windex. Grandpa took it and rubbed it on and Sam (Corey) just started laughing kind of like "awesome or I can't believe he just did that" and it always seemed to me like such an honest little moment in his acting like he truly thought that was pretty funny.

Sad that he doesn't get to grow old and know some of the joys of later life, but he left behind some things that bring people quite a bit of joy in the world...and isn't that something...

Posts: 253 | From: ILLINOIS | Registered: May 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home