iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » who else was a kid in the 80s and misses saturday morning cartoons?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: who else was a kid in the 80s and misses saturday morning cartoons?
Faust1979
Senior Rewinder
Member # 8548

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Faust1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gummi Bears intro http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFQDEMWv3yw

Pole Position intro http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NpgsUOKQs8

the littles intro http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HAn4fByVb8

unico intro http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZnMYZQO0yk

the muppet babies introhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR_hpdVuEug

I could post more saturday morning cartoons from the early 80s but I don't want to post all night.

Also there is one 80s cartoon that I remember but can't find the name of. It was abunch of football players get turned into knights and transported to medieval times. But saturday morning cartoons were great in the 80s and they had memorable songs to

Posts: 76 | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I miss cbs storybreak!
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faust1979
Senior Rewinder
Member # 8548

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Faust1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I completely forgot about cbs storybreak. I had to look it up on youtube I totally remember that now!
Posts: 76 | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I miss Saturday morning cartoons. I pretty much miss everything [Frown]

-

Kidd Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YzChZTqxDU

[ 21. February 2010, 20:53: Message edited by: Secret Admirer ]

Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I miss them. It's a shame they don't have them anymore.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A major, major fan here. ABC was always my Saturday morning network of choice; they had the best lineups (including my all-time favorite in 1988-89, featuring Flintstone Kids at 8, The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh at 8:30, The Real Ghostbusters at 9:30, A Pup Named Scooby Doo at 10:30, and Bugs & Tweety at 11), the best After These Messages bumpers (the Claymation ones being the all-time bests; I think the version where the hydrant squirts the dog is the best of the bunch), and the best intershow segments (Schoolhouse Rock, Captain O.G. Readmore, Zack of All Trades with Luther Vandross, etc.). Today's children don't really know what they're missing, that there was once a time when we'd be treated like kings for a couple of hours. While not every 80s Saturday morning show has held up--Mr. T's for instance now comes across as patently insane--by and large most still work well today. If only the culture could come back somehow...
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to love Muppet Babies and Fraggle Rock!! Big fan of Jem & The Holograms too.
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Veronica Sawyer:
I used to love Muppet Babies and Fraggle Rock!! Big fan of Jem & The Holograms too.

Muppet Babies was great for the time (memorable theme tune like most 80s cartoons) but Fraggle Rock still holds up today. Very rarely watched Jem or Maxie's World, remember Denver the Last Dinosaur and Battle Of The Planets?

Faust1979; you're thinking of King Arthur and the Knights of Justice, rare cult item; barely remember it, but it did exist!

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woodsy the Owl commercials

Give a hoot...Don't pollute!

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved Saturday morning cartoons. I used to watch the Smurfs, the Shirt Tales, Get Along Gang, a Pup Named Scooby Doo, and some that I'm sure I'm missing. I also watched USA's Cartoon Express. Did any of the rest of ya'll watch that? I loved Fraggle Rock too. It was the very first thing I watched back when we got our big satellite dish (remember those lol). I just don't like today's cartoons...at all. I liked King of the Hill but that was it.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goresnet
Master Rewinder
Member # 6592

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for goresnet   Email goresnet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MASK, g-force, GO-BOTS!!!, transformers, man I miss those shows. I can't believe the stuff they have on for kids these days. All those pokemon and card type things...
Posts: 160 | From: League City, TX | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neat how when you were a kid, you knew exactly what you'd be doing on Saturday mornings...sittin' in front of your TV watching cartoons. So many great shows and memories...Scooby Doo, Flintstones,Laugh Olympics,Johnny Quest, Smurfs, G I Joe, Fat Albert, etc, etc....loved every minute of it. * I so wish I could teleport back there...just for one day...let's say 83' or 84'? * I find it sad when today's kids simply don't know any of these old characters...to hear the words "What's a Smurf" just kills me! At least with the live action flicks like Scooby Doo and Fat Albert, today's generation gets a little taste of our great childhood.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And while the era takes some flack for being vapid and meant to sell toys, the fact is many of the toy based shows still hold up at least reasonably well today. And the moralizing claim that is often given as well for shows of the era can also be rationalized for people who did genuinely learn something off them; Dragon's Lair, for instance, offers an introductory course to critical thinking, really ("If you were Dirk, what would you do?...Had he done this, this would have happened, but Dirk knew he had to do better than that, and instead did THIS...").
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EJ Loves Takashi
Master Rewinder
Member # 7767

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for EJ Loves Takashi   Email EJ Loves Takashi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was the worst child to wake up during the week. Temper tantrums in the worst way. But Saturday... I was up by 6am planted infront of the tv with my cereal. Could not wait for my shows to come on!
Posts: 155 | From: Today Indiana....probably tomorrow too actually! | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home