iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Willy Milly (1986)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Willy Milly (1986)
pork pie mcfly

Member # 6802

54 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for pork pie mcfly   Email pork pie mcfly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have just been cleaning out the attic space and found some of my old 80's vhs tapes, most of them i have now on dvd but one of them i had totally forgot i had...

Willy Milly a.k.a Something Special

The movie is about a girl called Milly,she thinks life would be alot easier if she was a boy, so her best friends brother offers her a potion and if she takes it during a solar eclipse her deepest wish will come true...she goes through with it and ends up with a D**K, so she as to decide whether to spend her life as a boy or a girl, that's when the fun starts...

I really enjoyed it and i will be getting it on dvd. [Big Grin]

Posts: 235 | From: Hill Valley | Registered: Apr 2008 | Site Updates: 54  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope that there will be a dvd someday.
Willy/Milly is a very good movie, i also have the vhs tape.

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is one of my favorites that I discovered on here from people talking about it......it's worth hunting down. If even just for Pamela Segall alone!!
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Always liked this one. Clearly Canadian though.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm watching this right now while I'm waiting at the airport. It's pretty funny to me, everyone looking over my shoulder to see what I'm watching [Big Grin]

Anyway, fun movie, glad I have some time to watch it again. I brought along 'Up the Creek' also, so maybe I'll watch that on the plane. 2 movies in one day, woohoo!

Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wth mcfly///ive never heard of this one but sounds cool and easy to watch - whos in it? Is it NOT on dvd yet?
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not on dvd yet, willy. But it's worth checking out if you get a chance. It really is a good movie. Lots of laughs.
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the US laserdisc of it, I had the UK VHS but I think I sold it, the laserdisc is titled "Something Special".
Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I have the US laserdisc of it, I had the UK VHS but I think I sold it, the laserdisc is titled "Something Special".
WHAT TIME DO YOU CALL THIS?! You left the forum to get a beer and said "I'll be back in a sec"... YEARS AGO!

quote:
wth mcfly///ive never heard of this one but sounds cool and easy to watch - whos in it? Is it NOT on dvd yet?
This is a good one. As Wiz says it's also known as 'Something Special'. Not on DVD yet.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was good beer [Big Grin]
Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
boddingtons or hpa
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pork pie mcfly

Member # 6802

54 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for pork pie mcfly   Email pork pie mcfly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Willy, if you can find it on VHS buy it, you'll love it.
Posts: 235 | From: Hill Valley | Registered: Apr 2008 | Site Updates: 54  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
It was good beer [Big Grin]
It better have been!

quote:
boddingtons or hpa
Yeah... it's impossible to tell since he appears to have drunk them all!

And where are the crisps we asked for?!

oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by pork pie mcfly:
Willy, if you can find it on VHS buy it, you'll love it.

hmm dont know where to look, Logan,you got any ideas for me??
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a couple on Amazon but they're 15 quid http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B000KJRV7G/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&qid=1273614428&sr=1-1&condition=used
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
Member # 533

Hey it got a UK DVD release!!

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/9189145/Something-Special/Product.html

From looking around at other sites selling it, apparently the disc has no region encoding, I hope it doesn't mean it's a low quality transfer as a lot of 'region 0' releases don't have the care taken over their DVD transfer as well known titles.

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
Ebay have a couple:

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=willy+milly&_sacat=See-All-Categories

quote:
Hey it got a UK DVD release!!
Who knew?! That looks like a cheap release... but it might be better than the VHS!
The Wizard
Member # 533

I only have one officialy produced DVD that has worse picture/sound than VHS: "Breakdance 2" which is strange because the "Breakdance" DVD I have was produced by the same company and the picture quality is just a obout flawless, yet "Breakdance 2" looks like it was recorded from a NTSC VHS straight onto PAL DVD with no regards for 3:2 pulldown removal, colour/brightness correction or an extremely unpleasant high-pitch whine in the audio.

Other bare bones region 0 DVDs I have are actually pretty good quality like the Galaxina DVD I got for a quid which is anamorphic widescreen (love that film, it's soo cheesy).

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
Worst DVD quality I ever saw: 'Stacy's Knights'. What made it worse was the fact I saw it on TV a week later and it had a perfect picture!
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder why they've never given this one a decent DVD release,not seen this in years,since it first hit the rental shelves in the uk back in 86.

I remember it being good fun.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The full movie is on Youtube if anyone wants to watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xFvqhEKlY8

If we aren't allowed to link to youtube please remove the link or let me know and i'll remove it.

Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home