iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Vote For Max Hauser!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vote For Max Hauser!
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"There's only one thing more frightening than murder......high school."

-

A successful stockbroker witnesses a murder and goes on the run, taking refuge with his cousin and pretends to be a high school student while he hides out from the mob. A really great performance by Jon Cryer as a guy who unwittingly inspires the student body and falls in love at the same time.

Keith Coogan is once again hilarious in a supporting role as Max's cousin. Also, I thought it was cool that Jon Cryer's mom, Gretchen, played his Aunt Lucy in the movie.

If you don't remember the movie, you might just remember this awesome tune from "Hiding Out":

Pretty Poison - Catch Me (I'm Falling)

Just heard that there is a new movie planned that will be using the premise of "Hiding Out" only it will involve an alien on the run that comes to earth and uses a high school for cover. What?

[ 29. January 2010, 15:51: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spreadking
Master Rewinder
Member # 7280

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spreadking   Email Spreadking   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the Roy Orbison/KD Lang version of Crying on CD in my truck. It reminds of the skating rink scene and Max walking home after falling in love with a "legal"? high school student.
Posts: 215 | From: Central TX | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a great song.
Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Solid movie. 'Plain Clothes' is another movie with a similar theme that's almost as good.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Logan5..I agree about "Plain Clothes"..I originally rented it because Martha Coolidge directed it. I thought Arliss Howard and Suzy Amis were excellent in it. It actually had several recognizable actors in it. I still prefer "Hiding Out", but "Plain Clothes" is a great recommendation.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skatexedge
Master Rewinder
Member # 5712

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for skatexedge   Email skatexedge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hiding Out! Yes definitely a favorite of mine. Even to this day I think it was one big adverstisement for cigarettes! It was constant.

Maxwell Hauser....great character. Jon Cryer was great in this!

Posts: 294 | From: Arizona | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A favorite of mine!

Coogan was awesome and so was Annabeth Gish! I love her.........The skating rink scene is great and I do love that song also. Plain Clothes is a good movie too but something bugs me about Arliss Howard and he seemed WAY old haha another moved film in the town I live in.
I really do want to watch Hiding Out again soon and I need to buy that Lost Collection DVD before it disappears my VHS is so old.

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really need to get this one!
Muffy, you said it. That Lost Collection dvd might be lost again very soon.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pork pie mcfly

Member # 6802

54 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for pork pie mcfly   Email pork pie mcfly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally got a copy for christmas (from my wife), i still can't believe she got hold of it on dvd, it is so rare now.
Posts: 235 | From: Hill Valley | Registered: Apr 2008 | Site Updates: 54  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Arliss Howard
Now there's a name that rolls off the tongue! You're right - he was too old. At least Jon had a baby face that made him believable.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love both movies. Nice to see Plain Clothes finally get a shine from others. Is hiding out OOP on DVD or something? I have to get in gear to get a copy. Although my VHS is still in good shape.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
riptide the DVD is out it's just a part of this cool collection called "the Lost Collection" which includes a neat collection of not so known 80's gems!

I just know with my luck they will dissapear before I have bought them all......and it is definatly one I want to replace to DVD

web page

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I purchased both hiding out (DVD) and plain clothes (blu ray) within the last 6 months or so,hiding out I had seen previously but plain clothes was a first time viewing for me.

Both films are enjoyable enough but i'd say hiding out wins it for me.

-
annabeth gish & jon cryer in hiding out.

Plus Jon cryer looked like he could just about fool his way back into highschool where as arliss Howard looked older than most of the teaching staff.

OK that last bit was a bit of an exaggeration!

[ 17. February 2015, 08:11: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home