iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Heathers (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Heathers
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
awesome trivia!! this movie is full of hidden messages and double meanings.
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zombo
Rewinder
Member # 8405

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Zombo   Email Zombo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another minor bit of trivia: Heathers was somewhat influenced by (and borrowed some plot elements from) 1976's Masacre at Central High...which starred RotN star Robert Carradine, so there's another connection to that movie! [Smile]
Posts: 32 | From: Monroeville Mall | Registered: Nov 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you look closely during the scene where Heather Chandler dies, you can see she has a copy of "The Bell Jar" cliff's notes. "The Bell Jar" was written by Sylvia Plath, who committed suicide.
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zombo.. "Massacre At Central High" is a classic!

Massacre at Central High (1976)

-

For anyone that hasn't seen it, you might want to add it to your Halloween scary movie list. One of the stars is Kimberly Beck who later went on to "Friday the 13th" fame.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zombo
Rewinder
Member # 8405

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Zombo   Email Zombo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm definitely a big fan of "Massacre at Central High" as well...just wish it was available on DVD! I feel that both it and "Heathers," although made over a decade apart, tackled very similar ideas in an effective manner, and that both movies aged very well.

Plus, Kimberly Beck, fer shur! [Smile]

Posts: 32 | From: Monroeville Mall | Registered: Nov 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched Heathers. I somehow missed this thread? Cool trivia, Valley.. watching it, I had wondered about the kitchen thing, thinking to myself "wow, that looks like the same kitchen".. ha.

I'm glad to see there's a lot of love for Heather #1! While watching the movie, I was blown away by her again. She definitely stands out. And as much as Winona Ryder is adored, I was never a huge fan of hers.. though she's super cute. But I think Kim Walker is gorgeous.
I took this picture while watching:

-

I definitely agree about the way she delivered her lines and her role as queen B.
Christian Slater... the long coat, the black hair, ya that worked! [Wink]
I remember while watching his super short lived show, "Breaking In" he used his 'greetings and salutations' line... by the way, I read that the show was going to continue? Not sure what the deal is there...

It had been a while since I had watched Heathers....I almost forgot how dark it was. I always loved the skirts/colored leggings/flats fashion in the movie.

Love the scene where Veronica and JD are in the car, arguing... V takes the cigarette liter and burns her hand.. then JD lights his cig on her hand, too funny!! [Eek!]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
as much as i love jeniffer connelly i'm also pleased she was not chosen for the role of veronica sawyer in heathers,i think winona ryder was just right in the role.
infact i think the whole cast for heathers could not have been more perfect!

i was really shocked to read about kim walkers death when sometime back i was reading up on say anything on imdb and i'd thought i'd check up on kim walker to see what else she had appeared in just to read that she had died just aged 32 from a brain tumour,very sad!.
i'm also shocked to just read from valleys great bit of trivia that jeremy applegate committed suicide .
watched say anything and heathers so many times over the years that you do sought feel like you knew these people!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home