iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Mannequin gets a remake!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mannequin gets a remake!
sheena
Senior Rewinder
Member # 5620

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for sheena   Email sheena   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh dear god WHY?? can't they just leave well enough alone?? I guess not.

Thoughts?

http://perezhilton.com/2010-01-09-mannequin-gets-a-remake

Posts: 56 | From: London,UK | Registered: Feb 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh for goodness sake!!!!!!! For actual goodness sake!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, WHY???
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank heavens! Just think what CGI will do for this movie!

Maybe they can start remaking some of the more classic 80's movies. They can get new bands to cover classic 80's songs for the soundtrack to make the film even more contemporary.

Somebody shoot me... [Frown]

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So he's gonna fall in love with a laser hologram?
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I don't get it Doc; it's like we're in Hell or something!"
"No, it's still Hill Valley, although I can't imagine Hell being much worse!"

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Worst case: Zac Efron plays some down-and-out kid whose life is in the toilet, then he happens to save the life of an elderly store owner (Susan Boyle in her fist role) and gets a job in the store. When there, he meets the camp shop window designer (Shaquille O'Neal), the store security chief (Vince Vaughan), and the doll that comes to life (Lindsay Lohan).

They sing a bit and it ends up, like, all happy, man......

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul..please stop giving Hollywood ideas! Great stuff..but I'm afraid that your synopsis is 'Best' case..you probably can't even think up something horrible enough to match their 'Worst' case..
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valley, best case is that they stay the hell away from the idea....... Anything that they actually do will move us towards worst case!

I'm waiting to see what role they give Ben Stiller..... you could have a "night At The Museum" spin-off where ALL the mannequins come to life..... Must stop thinking now...... garbage being created...... [Smile]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that John Hughes is no longer with us...how long to do think it will take until 16 Candles, Pretty In Pink, SKOW, and Home Alone get remakes?
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I kind of hoped for the oft-discussed '32 Candles' to be made (a few years ago - too late now). Now Hughes is gone we'll never even get a commentary! The only commentary we have is his Laserdisc commentary that was put on the original 'Ferris Bueller' DVD (now deleted).

On another note; there was a rumour about six months ago that they were going to remake 'Back to the Future' with Zac Efron (calm down Angel!) I think that might be a no-go now, but it was a legitimate 'spec' project.

They have to be careful about what movies they touch, some are sacrosanct. Although... that didn't stop them with the new 'Karate Kid' movie.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In order for these remakes to be done, do the original writers have to sell their interest in the story to the new producers in order for them to be made? I'm just wondering, because I remember reading something recently where a guy had wanted to write a sequel to "The Breakfast Club" while Hughes was still alive, and Hughes made him stop production on it.
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

Hughes would have owned the copyrights to the characters and the title. He'd have had to sanction any work that traded on that copyright.

Now he's so sadly passed on, it's up to whoever now owns that (or they wait 50 years for it to expire...)

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
Studios own the rights to the original works, but the creator owns characters, etc. So a sequel needs to be sanctioned by both. Sometimes the studio owns everything, and sometimes (very rarely) the writer/director owns the rights to everything.

Hughes was like an inverted George Lucas: Where Lucas can't stop tinkering with his old projects as a means of making money; Hughes seemed to want nothing more to do with them.

Of course, then there's the four hour Breakfast Club rough cut...

Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To be honest, I don't think, for at least one thing, you could realistically do Home Alone again in today's world of high speed internet and instant messaging; there's just too many ways that they'd be able to get through to him and console him unless Chicago was blacked out for a whole week. Of course that doesn't mean they wouldn't try--anything for the fast buck, as we've often seen--but if they did, that would weigh them down instantly.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon80sfan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 8491

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Shannon80sfan   Author's Homepage   Email Shannon80sfan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am so sick & tired of damn remakes
Posts: 92 | From: Tennesseee | Registered: Dec 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pork pie mcfly

Member # 6802

54 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for pork pie mcfly   Email pork pie mcfly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be great if they released a Breakfast Club special edition with the rough cut on a second disc.
Posts: 235 | From: Hill Valley | Registered: Apr 2008 | Site Updates: 54  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earl Keese
Master Rewinder
Member # 7986

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earl Keese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is funny to me because I work with a guy that is like 55 and loves the original and to this day, like once a week he will just out of nowhere scream out "HOLLYWOOD!"

I smile every time. [Smile]

Posts: 253 | From: ILLINOIS | Registered: May 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
I guess Perez Hilton wants to play the role of Hollywood in the remake....

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home