iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Veronica Sawyer List

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Veronica Sawyer List
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's start with what we know...

Veronica Sawyer has been a member of The Rewind since 2003 ..she made one wicked posting about the possiblities of Samantha (Randy's Ex) being the girl on the "Valley Girl" box, then nothing else for six years.

Her fav 80's flicks are Heathers, Valley Girl, Just One of the Guys (Logan5 might be on to something), Real Genius, Summer School, and Can't Buy Me Love. Let's not forget Fast Times at Ridgemont High which she has apparently counted all 500 times she has watched it. Plus many more including Grease 2??

Here are a few that I suggested:

1. Night of the Comet (no reason, except it is a fav of mine)

2. Modern Girls (Clayton Rohner & Virginia Madsen)

3. Chopping Mall (The Sherman Oaks Galleria at it's finest ...well until they blew it up)

4. Night of the Creeps (To add a second 80's movie to her Blu-ray collection - plus the extras are incredible)

5. Making The Grade (80's preppy I'm not)

and Miracle Beach (not 80's, but has Dean Cameron & Ami Dolenz)

Input from others is greatly appreciated....any feedback on my suggestions and add some of your fav hidden gems as well!

[ 04. January 2010, 20:23: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awww, you done me proud Valley! Don't forget that I'm always game for a "so bad it's good and then went back to bad again" 80's horror movie. Think "Sleepaway Camp," "Slumber Party Massacre" (I even like part 2..don't judge me, Logan5 [Wink] ), and "The Burning."

I also can't get enough of movies like "The Wizard," "Labyrinth," and "Legend of Billie Jean," just to name a few.

Oh, and my least favorite 80's movies are "Footloose," "Flashdance," and "Porky's."

Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
(I even like part 2..don't judge me, Logan5 [Wink] )
TOO LATE!

quote:
I also can't get enough of movies like "The Wizard," "Labyrinth," and "Legend of Billie Jean," just to name a few.
I once saw a review of 'The Wizard' that was better than the movie itself!

quote:
Oh, and my least favorite 80's movies are "Footloose,"
Too much Bacon?

quote:
"Flashdance,"
Not enough Bacon?

quote:
and "Porky's."
Too much 'Meat'?

The problem when making lists of recommendations is not knowing how many of the obvious movies other people have seen. Also, we tend to lean towards the 'teen' movie genre, although there's a ton of good non teen movies.

Ronnie, you seem to have seen lots of the famous and the not-so-famous movies of the 80's. I'm just going to throw names at you - don't be offended if any are obvious:

Fire With Fire
Electric Dreams
Fandango
Happy Together
The Flamingo Kid
Dance 'Til Dawn
Little Darlings
Stand By Me
Weekend at Bernie's
The Wild Life
Lucas
Zapped
Plain Clothes
Pump up the Volume
The Sure Thing
Seven Minutes in Heaven
Hiding Out
Tag
Gotcha
How I got into College
Better off Dead
Heaven Help Us
Career Opportunities (oft overlooked late Hughes teen movie that's worth watching)

That's a start. Plenty of good non-teen movies too.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After some of the comments tonight about "Night of the Comet" and "Modern Girls" ... I'm feeling even better about my suggestions.

Just browsing through the Top 3 Flicks not on DVD list has me wanting to watch them right now!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 more days!!! I think I'm going to have to break down and buy the VHS of "Modern Girls."
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Get a DVR instead! Call your cable company and pay the extra coin...you will thank me later.

Or stay up Friday night and watch it ... HD is the way to go because of the awesome soundtrack!!! You won't thank me for staying up Friday night, but VHS will only disappoint when the tracking doesn't work.

WolfmansGotNards
Ace Rewinder
Member # 5910

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for WolfmansGotNards   Email WolfmansGotNards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Modern Girls airs a ton of times through the end of February on MGMHD, definitely better than the VHS!!

Awesome awesome flick, and I have to agree: the soundtrack rocks.

Posts: 400 | From: The 80's! Where else?! | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home