iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Adventures in Babysitting

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Adventures in Babysitting
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I was on my way to the Devo Concert in Chicago yesterday and look what I ran into:

-

My niece and nephew are coming over later tonight and it has become a mini-tradition that we watch "Adventures in Babysitting" and "Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead". My niece loves them both and I must admit...I really enjoy putting on my Thor helmet for the evening!

-

I love the beginning when Elisabeth Shue is dancing around her bedroom to the tune "Then He Kissed Me".

Then He Kissed Me - The Crystals

The cast was excellent and who would have thought that Thor would have enjoyed such a promising career. Keith Coogan who was great in several flicks was awesome as Brad. And Anthony Rapp played the annoying Daryl Coopersmith to the max.

Another great scene is when Chris wakes up from fainting at the hospital:

"I had the worst nightmare ... we were stuck in this ... It's really happening!.."

Loved the Frat party when Sara is standing in line for the bathroom and the dude comes out of the bathroom wearing viking horns...he notices Sara's Thor helmet and gives her a thumbs up. Classic!!

"Nobody leaves this place without singing the Blues."

[ 23. September 2011, 13:25: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bods
Rewind Curious
Member # 8396

6 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Bods   Email Bods   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thors a homo [Big Grin] Love it

Another of one of my fav films! Babysitting blues is awesome [Smile]

Posts: 6 | Registered: Nov 2009 | Site Updates: 6  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"We're here to see our friend, with the stab wound." "Oh, I'm sorry, he's dead." THUD. Priceless. Plus,

"How fast do your parents drive?...We'll do 90."

Ever wonder if the guy's still stuck up there on the skyscraper today?

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blake
Ace Rewinder
Member # 75

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must have watched this movie a million times its the best. I really need to go to chicago
Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a good movie, always fun to watch.
I remember having the movieposter on the wall back then.

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bods
Rewind Curious
Member # 8396

6 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Bods   Email Bods   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there a cover for it called "A Night On The Town"

Thats what it was called once when on UK TV [Smile]

Posts: 6 | Registered: Nov 2009 | Site Updates: 6  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great classic film..I love the part where they're in the Blues Club..

"Nobody get outta here widout singin' da blues" [Smile]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Is there a cover for it called "A Night On The Town"

Thats what it was called once when on UK TV [Smile]

If memory serves; that's what it was called when it came out at the theatres, but it had the 'right' name on video. It's possible they used the theatrical title when they showed it on TV.

[ 20. November 2009, 18:22: Message edited by: logan5 ]

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cowboy10uk
Master Rewinder
Member # 117

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Cowboy10uk   Email Cowboy10uk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, All I can say is Thankyou Valley. This thread made me pull out my old Dvd of this movie, and have an enjoyable few hrs. Just what the doctor Ordered, I forgot Just how much fun This film is. I have to agree with everyone else, Babysitting Blues is great, Really need to find a way to get it onto the ipod [Smile]
Posts: 158 | From: Hazzard County | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cowboy10uk....it gives me great pleasure to know that a thread I start turned into a good experience for you. Makes it all worth it!

and since you mentioned it:

The Babysitting Blues

Oh and I'm sure if you want it for your ipod someone like Ronnie or Cindy will surely have it!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cowboy10uk
Master Rewinder
Member # 117

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Cowboy10uk   Email Cowboy10uk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Valley, No worrys about Babysitting Blues for the Ipod, Its all done. [Smile] Thanks again, talk soon.
Posts: 158 | From: Hazzard County | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
"How could a righteous babe like you be lonely?"
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonderful movie with a bluesy-jazzy soundtrack, that if memory serves me, includes Junior Walker and the All-Stars. A long time ago, my sister-in-law once baby-sat a very young boy, born in Spangler, Pennsylvania. His name...Chris Columbus. I'm just one degree of separation away from this movie and loving it!
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"A mall?? What do think this is? Boise Idaho?"
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home