iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Boo! - Non-Horror 80's Movies With Halloween Scenes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Boo! - Non-Horror 80's Movies With Halloween Scenes
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thought it might be fun for us to discuss non-horror 80's movies with a Halloween party, trick or treating, etc.

I'll begin with a few I thought of:

1. The Karate Kid - great Halloween dance with awesome costumes. I even started a thread on The Karate Kid board about how it should be considered a Halloween classic.

2. E.T. - the trick or treating scenes in this flick are hilarious. Love the Star Wars reference as well. I always think
of this movie on Halloween night.

3. Can't Buy Me Love - Halloween night can really push peer pressure to the max...this was the night Ronald Miller "went from totally chic to totally geek" again. The caught in Kenneth's net moment was a revelation of sorts.

So many more...let's hear some of your favs.

[ 28. October 2009, 08:18: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earl Keese
Master Rewinder
Member # 7986

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earl Keese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am hoping other people can come up with some stuff because this is very hard for me. You pretty much named the ones I know and I am not sure if I would have gotten those without being reminded. Maybe E.T., but man this is hard...wait a minute..aap, nope, forget it.
Posts: 253 | From: ILLINOIS | Registered: May 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to see you again Valdude, thought you'd lost the edge, turned in your wings... [Smile]

Nice topic, but I can't think of any more; was there a halloween party in Bigfoot and The Hendersons?

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Hollywood Knights - The entire movie takes place on Halloween night.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, the night Ronald "McDonald" Miller went from totally chic, back to totally geek, was new years eve. But the Halloween scene is classic.

Regards

The Movie Police [Wink]

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Secret Admirer-Frat house Halloween party if i'm remembering correctly.
Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mr. mom - with michael keaton as a jailbird, one of the kids is a cowboy, and one of the ladies has an ET head haha.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JAY LEE:
Actually, the night Ronald "McDonald" Miller went from totally chic, back to totally geek, was new years eve. But the Halloween scene is classic.

Regards

The Movie Police [Wink]

ya halloween night was the night of the famous SH** BOMB.. senior year, their last one.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did Dream A Little Dream have a Halloween party? I'm remembering Corey Feldman as Michael Jackson and Meredith Salenger wearing an angel costume.
Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Human feces?? [Eek!]

Naah man, doggy doo... [Big Grin]

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ronnie:
Originally posted by JAY LEE:

Regards

The Movie Police [Wink]

ya halloween night was the night of the famous SH** BOMB.. senior year, their last one.

ha...I was kind of speaking facetiously because for me that was when he actually went too far...but ya know "The Break-up" where Ronnie annihilated Cindy was pretty close ..
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

It all starts and ends with Mr. MOM.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Pooh
Master Rewinder
Member # 5798

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Princess Pooh   Email Princess Pooh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JCWBobC:
Did Dream A Little Dream have a Halloween party? I'm remembering Corey Feldman as Michael Jackson and Meredith Salenger wearing an angel costume.

Whaaaa, did I miss a scene? Can't remember this. Please please please fill me in. I love this movie. :-)
Posts: 156 | From: London | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askanison
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8380

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Askanison   Email Askanison   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weird Science...this didnt have a themed party but thought i'd just mention it since gary and wyatt throw a party which is gatecrashed by biker mutants guess these alone would give anyone the chills.
Posts: 23 | From: England, United Kingdom | Registered: Nov 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home