iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » They Call Me Bruce?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: They Call Me Bruce?
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At long last, my review for They Call Me Bruce? is posted! Thank you very much, Nick! You are a ruddy legend!

http://www.fast-rewind.com/theycallmebruce.htm

Has anybody else seen the film? And what are your impressions or thoughts? [Smile] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goresnet
Master Rewinder
Member # 6592

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for goresnet   Email goresnet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now if only They Still Call Me Bruce would come to Netflix!!! Funny film, but didn't age terribly well. All I remembered until a year or so ago was an asian that knew no martial arts, but was called Bruce and made pasta!
Posts: 160 | From: League City, TX | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Thank you very much, Nick! You are a ruddy legend!
You're very welcome [Smile] Thanx for the review and sorry it took so long! [Frown]
Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never heard of this one, but the preview looks funny. Great review Cassie...
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was a favorite of mine for years, glad to see some others finally took a shine to this one. I have the sequel too on VHS but haven't got around yet to watching it.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kevdugp73:
Never heard of this one, but the preview looks funny. Great review Cassie...

Thank you very much. Don't mention it. [Smile]
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They Call Me Bruce and They Still Call Me Bruce were childhood favorites of mine. Stupid, but funny in that Ace Ventura kind of way.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
If any of you are interested, then you can watch the whole film on YouTube. RarevideosUK has it posted on there.
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is one of thoe movies I dont rent cuz I dont know if it will hold up after all these years. A kid I was in high school with lent me his VHS copy back in the day. He used to sit behind me in class quoting a handful of movies and the one I always seem to remember laughing at all the time was THET CALL ME BRUCE: "That Old Lady Has That Mans Purse!" Hahaha!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to watch this as a kid plenty of times. Pretty funny from what I recall. Haven't seen it in about 20 years though.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great review, not seen the film though, will have to check it out sometime.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earl Keese
Master Rewinder
Member # 7986

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earl Keese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well written review LoverswithCassie...Nice job! I haven't seen this movie since I was a kid, but your review reminded me of a lot of it and how it was a pretty funny/silly little movie that was really pretty good. Makes me want to sit down and give it another spin after all these years...which I guess is exactly what a review should do. [Smile]
Posts: 253 | From: ILLINOIS | Registered: May 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Earl Keese:
Well written review LoverswithCassie...Nice job! I haven't seen this movie since I was a kid, but your review reminded me of a lot of it and how it was a pretty funny/silly little movie that was really pretty good. Makes me want to sit down and give it another spin after all these years...which I guess is exactly what a review should do. [Smile]

Hey, Earl! Not at all! Your felicitation is much appreciated! [Big Grin]
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
Was a favorite of mine for years, glad to see some others finally took a shine to this one. I have the sequel too on VHS but haven't got around yet to watching it.

Riptide, as you have the sequel, why don't you watch it, write a review and submit it to the Rewind? [Smile]
pork pie mcfly

Member # 6802

54 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for pork pie mcfly   Email pork pie mcfly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can remember watching it years ago but i can't remember much about it, gonna check out youtube.
Posts: 235 | From: Hill Valley | Registered: Apr 2008 | Site Updates: 54  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched They Call Me Bruce? (1982) and i love it!

Hilarious jokes and gags all over the movie.

If you´re interested to own this flick, buy the 25th Anniversary Edition because the first pressing is slightly edited.

Chopstick lickin´ good [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Next: They Still Call Me Bruce...

-  -

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched the sequel They Still Call Me Bruce (1987)
It´s a good flick but not a great one like the original.

This time Johnny Yune did almost everything by himself (with a help from James R. Orr).
Besides acting the leading role, he directed, wrote and produced this movie.

Once again the movie is filled with jokes and great one-liners.

Bruce has just saved a girl and they are going to her place:

"It´s a nice house but is it safe. Don´t those goons know where you live?"
"Nobody knows where i live"
"How do you get you´re mail?"

The Rialto club scene is one of the funniest as Bruce invents new dance moves
and of course everyone follows.
(There´s many 80s flicks out there with a similiar scene but it´s always funny stuff)

I love the two disco tunes on the soundtrack
but as usual, i can´t find them anywhere.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
I thought that I would revive the thread to give those who hitherto couldn't participate in the topic the chance to now do so.

Please enjoy it. [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home