iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Wraith (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Wraith
WolfmansGotNards
Ace Rewinder
Member # 5910

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for WolfmansGotNards   Email WolfmansGotNards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mire Mare:
I have had this saved on my Sky+ box for a year or so now

I treasure my Monsters HD recording of it [Smile]
Posts: 400 | From: The 80's! Where else?! | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by noikz:
I still listen to the soundtrack of this regulary in the car. "Where's the fire" and "Secret Loser" are especially awesome. [Smile] [Smile]

i must agree! "looza...i'm a secret looza!"

i also love heart vs. heads. great soundtrack!

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1badgmc
Rewinder
Member # 8501

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for 1badgmc   Email 1badgmc   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A movie that I just cannot get enough of. Ever. I grew up on this movie and still love it to this day.

I remember my dad picking up an issue of Auto Trader magazine back in the late '80s and one of the Turbo Interceptor cars was for sale in it. $6,900 for the car with no drivetrain. I tried so hard to convince my dad to buy it. To this day he wishes he could have bought it. How cool would it be to roll around in one of those?

Someday I would love to get out to Tucson and check out some of the filming locations. I had a lot of them mapped out and plotted with placemarks in Google Earth, along with tons of other interesting movie locations. Windows crashed on me a few weeks ago and I lost them ALL!!! [Mad] *sigh*

I had found a perfect copy of the Big Kay's shirts on Cafe Press a while back too and bookmarked it. That bookmark also disappeared with my great Windows crash. [Mad] I'll have to browse through and find it again.

I would love to find myself a copy of the CD soundtrack. There's not a song in that movie that I don't like. I've found and downloaded most of the songs, but there are still a few missing. I've never understood why Rebel Yell never made it to the soundtrack? Although it really was a somewhat minor song in the movie, I still think of the movie every single time I hear it.

I'm sure most of us who are real fans of the movie have a copy of the first DVD release of the film. Mine's such an early release that it's in a jewel case instead of a keep case. My dad found his copy in the Wal-Mart $5 bin a few years ago in an actual keep case. I was always disappointed by the fullscreen and less-than-ideal video quality of the release. Well, hopefully those grievances will be answered on March 2, 2010 when Lionsgate releases the Special Edition DVD of The Wraith!

quote:
http://www.fearnet.com/news/b17590_updated_lionsgate_unleashes_wraith_on.html

The Wraith: Special Edition

The Wraith, the cult classic starring Golden Globe® winner Charlie Sheen (TV's "Spin City"), Academy Award® nominee Randy Quaid (The Last Detail, Best Actor in a Supporting Role, 1973) and Clint Howard (Frost/Nixon), comes to Special Edition DVD from Lionsgate this March.

The action-packed film tells the story of a mysterious figure seeking vengeance on a gang that's been terrorizing a small town and includes music from some of Rock-n-Roll's greatest legends including Ozzy Osbourne, Mötley Crüe, Robert Palmer and Billy Idol.

The Wraith: Special Edition DVD features fresh packaging and all new special features including audio commentary, interviews with writer/director Mike Marvin (Sunstorm) and Clint Howard along with a featurette on the Dodge M4S that was used in the film. Pricing: DVD $19.98

Lionsgate seems to be doing justice with a lot of their recent old school DVD releases. The first DVD release of The Gate was a crappy fullscreen transfer as well, but Lionsgate just brought out a nice widescreen version of it, so hopefully the same will be true here with The Wraith.
Posts: 33 | From: WF, TX | Registered: Dec 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon80sfan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 8491

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Shannon80sfan   Author's Homepage   Email Shannon80sfan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just bid on it on ebay hope i get it!
Posts: 92 | From: Tennesseee | Registered: Dec 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1badgmc
Rewinder
Member # 8501

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for 1badgmc   Email 1badgmc   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shannon80sfan:
I just bid on it on ebay hope i get it!

You should have waited a few months for the Special Edition in March. Oh well. It's a movie worth a double-dip.
Posts: 33 | From: WF, TX | Registered: Dec 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon80sfan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 8491

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Shannon80sfan   Author's Homepage   Email Shannon80sfan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 1badgmc:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Shannon80sfan:
I just bid on it on ebay hope i get it! </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">You should have waited a few months for the Special Edition in March. Oh well. It's a movie worth a double-dip.

Well if i get it i might just give this copy to my aunt
Posts: 92 | From: Tennesseee | Registered: Dec 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey ya´ll, buy this classic ASAP!!

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1badgmc
Rewinder
Member # 8501

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
Hey ya´ll, buy this classic ASAP!!

-

I'll be all over that one when it's released.
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 1badgmc:
I'll be all over that one when it's released.

Me too [Big Grin]
Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home