iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » American Gothic aka Hide and Shriek

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: American Gothic aka Hide and Shriek
Blake
Ace Rewinder
Member # 75

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wondered if anyone else likes this movie. I loved it as a kid i thought it was really weird and creepy, but you never hear many people talk about its just kind of forgotten.

If you havent seen it its worth a watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eufe95K5vjg

Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never seen this but it´s on my wanted list.
I remember in the 80s, i saw few American Gothic movie stills in some magazine.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw it for the first time this past spring. I got it from Amazon's marketplace. I thought it was a pretty good movie. Kinda funny in parts but good overall. I had wanted to see it for a long time but had never gotten the chance.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This movie is a great example of how when you sift through the piles and piles of crap sometimes you find a gem. A friend of mine used to rent videos for us at a Mom and Pop video store and since we had already seen the classics like HALLOWEEN and NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET and such he would always pick these obscure never-heard-of-it-before movies. I remember when he brought this to my house saying "Hey, Lilly Munster!" at the beginning and being shocked at how good it was by the end! It was pretty original, very weird and had that uncomfortable "wow-I-cant-believe-they-went-there" streak running through it.
I have it on DVD and I watch it often enough (at least once a year) that my husband will go "Your watching that AGAIN?" and leave the room.

[ 04. August 2009, 12:14: Message edited by: mamamiasweetpeaches ]

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blake
Ace Rewinder
Member # 75

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its good to see that other people like it too everyone i ask has never heard of it.
I really need to get it on DVD now i didnt know it was out

Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home