iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80s Movie Soundtracks (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: 80s Movie Soundtracks
Kowalski
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8412

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kowalski   Email Kowalski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Miami vice series I know it not a movie but it still has a good soundtrack

-

Posts: 357 | From: Ireland | Registered: Nov 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fastway´s Trick or Treat soundtrack is a good rockin´ album.

Fastway - trick or treat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcSMPwKWjFE

Fastway - Don't Stop The Fight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJBNK671o6Y

-

[ 06. May 2015, 12:39: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kowalski
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8412

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kowalski   Email Kowalski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lost Boys is good

-

The Lost Boys ~ Cry Little Sister http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o375ke8Csio

Posts: 357 | From: Ireland | Registered: Nov 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
@mb3r133
Rewind Curious
Member # 8509

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for @mb3r133   Email @mb3r133   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Help!!

My spouse described a 1980's movie to me, and though I pride myself on my knowledge of the genre, I am thoroughly STUMPED! Here is what was described:

Story of a boy who grows up in an upper class home with 2 loving parents, basically an entitled life, and when he is a teen he is killed somehow, but he is reincarnated, this time to a poor, low-class family. He looks EXACTLY the same in his second life as he did in the first life. The only other thing that can be remembered about the film is a part sometime toward the end of the movie where the boy is not quite a teenager anymore and is hitchhiking, and he is picked up by the now-older parents from his first life. They look at him in recognition and look at each other, unbelieving...and other than that, total blank.

Please help me redeem myself!!! Thanks!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just bought Teachers soundtrack (1984) Very good stuff!
Highlights:

The Motels, Eric Martin & Friends, 38 Special, Roman Holliday,
Ian Hunter, Freddie Mercury and the mighty Night Ranger.

The Motels: In the Jungle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBS9VbdfFgc

38 Special: Teacher Teacher http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL46rSUXW1k

Eric Martin and Friends: I Can't Stop The Fire https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzfaOS-2xQU

Check out the movie if you haven´t seen it. It´s very good.

-

[ 06. May 2015, 12:46: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's cool Atomik. The soundtrack is better than the movie, imo [Wink]

I'm listening to the Goonies score and it's awesome. I was having a semi-lousy day, and now everything is alright [Cool]

Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Just found and bought the OOP The Secret of My Success soundtrack cd.
Especially the Night Ranger, Pat Benatar and Restless Heart tunes are great.
Gotta love David Foster, he had the magic touch back in the day!

Restless Heart - Don´t Ask the Reason Why https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4YIFCNZDEo

-

[ 06. May 2015, 12:50: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Isn't this on iTunes?

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Just got Quicksilver soundtrack on LP.
Excellent tunes!

-

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You've got a record player? I had one up until about 5 years ago until it crapped itself when I was in the army. Perhaps someone spilled a drink on it. I dunno. I love the sound of vinyl. That crackling nostalgia. So so sweet.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yes, i still have one. It´s been in a closet for a few years now (you know the reason why)
but i just dragged it out.

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing beats the sound of vinyl. Despite the advances in technology I still think that vinyl has a superior sound to the latest audio formats.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dolenz85
Senior Rewinder
Member # 10835

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Dolenz85   Email Dolenz85   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I often play The Breakfast Club OST, along with my St.Elmo's Fire OST, and The Terminator has some catchy tracks, particularly Intimacy by Linn Van Hek

[Big Grin]

Posts: 78 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Feb 2012 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might like this:

-

^ One Love (Click cover)

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got the st Elmo's fire soundtrack,had it many years back on cassette and played it that much on my car stereo it ended up biting the bullet,got mangled,not long back purchased the CD.

Great soundtrack.

Next on my list I need to get lost boys cd again,leant it to my brother never to see it again.

Never do what I did guys and lend to family [Big Grin]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dolenz85
Senior Rewinder
Member # 10835

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Dolenz85   Email Dolenz85   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by J2ME:
You might like this:

-

^ One Love (Click cover)

That's the Halloween gig track, it really grows on you after a while! [Big Grin] I have the Soundtrack on CD, in fact it's the only CD I've ever bought in a few years... "one love, she could be right..one love, just around midnight!" [Cool]
Posts: 78 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Feb 2012 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I also have the St. Elmo´s Fire soundtrack on cd.
Best tracks IMO: Fee Waybill´s "Save My Life" and Jon Anderson´s "This Time It Was Really Right".

JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't been on here in a while but I read someone is looking for the Back to School soundtrack. Way back at the beginning of the thread I pointed someone to the Back to School/Pee-Wee's Big Adventure CD that has the score on it. I also have the Back to School vinyl album with all the songs on it. I'm looking to sell it if anyone is interested.

I also have the very rare, limited to 5,000 from what I have read, My Tutor vinyl album that i'm selling.

I recently sold my Secret of My Success CD but it was a favorite of mine. I still have a bunch of soundtracks cassettes & CDs from the 80's-90's that i'm looking to sell if anyone is looking for anything.

Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Just bought and listened Wildcats (1986) soundtrack lp and it´s fantastic!
Lots of great up-tempo tunes written By James Newton Howard and Hawk Wolinski.

The Isley Brothers - Good Hands

-

Chloe
Master Rewinder
Member # 37365

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Chloe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Films that I think have amazing soundtracks:

Stand By Me
The Breakfast Club
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Back To The Future
Secret Of My Success
The Lost Boys
License To Drive
Dream A Little Dream
St. Elmo's Fire

Posts: 232 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Fright Night soundtrack finally officially released on cd december 9th!

Perseverance Records info here: http://www.fortytwotradingco.com/fright-night-original-songs-from-the-motion-picture-cd/

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Listened Halloween III soundtrack again because it´s so damn good [Smile] Especially the A-side.

Here´s a back cover scan i took. You can see the cool studio photo and i like those Alan Howarth track by track comments.

-

Chloe
Master Rewinder
Member # 37365

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Chloe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think, Some Kind Of Wonderful has a brilliant soundtrack! I am hoping to purchase it on Vinyl, eventually.
Posts: 232 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Visited a thrift shop yesterday and scored both Youngblood and Eddie and the Cruisers soundtrack albums on vinyl. What a feelin´! [Smile]

-

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't remember much of Youngblood's soundtrack I need to watch the film again but I loved the Eddie And The Cruisers Soundtrack.

Yesterday of eBay I got Back To School soundtrack on Vinyl and for a pretty good price as well!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home