iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Spring Break on DVD August 18th

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Spring Break on DVD August 18th
TheResurrection
Master Rewinder
Member # 2326

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TheResurrection   Email TheResurrection   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/spring-break.html

I like the artwork.

-

Posts: 125 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good news, now we all can update our old vhs tapes [Cool]
It´s the original cover art, so thanks to Anchor Bay for that.

They might be releasing this because of
Spring Break ´83 (2009) movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1082098/

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ugh... another crappy Jamie Kennedy movie!

Well, i'll be sure to pick up the old one!

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JAY LEE:
ugh... another crappy Jamie Kennedy movie!

Well, i'll be sure to pick up the old one!

You know, I'm with you on that... Wait, did you look at the cast?

John Goodman - Good actor, funny
Jamie Kennedy - Funny occasionaly
Joe Pantoliano - Joey pants! Come on!
Joe Piscopo - Always good
Lee Majors - The six million dollar man!
Robert Davi - Good character actor
Morgan Fairchild - Do I have to say it?

-

:-)

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Always good to see another lost '80s gem find its way onto DVD. Doesn't look like there will be any extras, but at least it's being presented in its OAR and is anamorphic. I do wish it had the original theatrical trailer, though.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

One down, Hamburger to go.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNUC
Master Rewinder
Member # 3594

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TNUC   Author's Homepage   Email TNUC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not only is SPRING BREAK being finally released on DVD in August...

But HARDBODIES/HARDBODIES 2 double-feature DVD will be available that very month as well!

Posts: 193 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the best news in the world!!!
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like Screwballs will also be hitting DVD and Blu-ray this month. It's slated for release on the 25th.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Ddvd&field-keywords=screwballs&x=9&y=19

Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WolfmansGotNards
Ace Rewinder
Member # 5910

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for WolfmansGotNards   Email WolfmansGotNards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Read a review of this release that says the DVD case is white - not sure why but that seems like a cool choice for this movie.
Posts: 400 | From: The 80's! Where else?! | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNUC
Master Rewinder
Member # 3594

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TNUC   Author's Homepage   Email TNUC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So we're only a few days away from the DVD releases of the HARDBODIES COLLECTION (1+2) and SPRING BREAK.

Anyone seen these?
 -

According to this website , they're included when you buy any of these dvds! Only problem is, I can't find anything else confirming this.

Posts: 193 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WolfmansGotNards
Ace Rewinder
Member # 5910

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for WolfmansGotNards   Email WolfmansGotNards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently they were included with review copies. I'll have to wait til mine come in the mail to find out if the retail versions have them too!
Posts: 400 | From: The 80's! Where else?! | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anybody seen the Spring Break trailer on YouTube at all?
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I picked up Spring Break and Hardbodies on DVD the day they came out. Both are great fun to not be taken seriously. The Hardbodies DVD came with Hardbodies 2 which might actually challenge Teen Wolf Too as most disappointing 80's sequel ever for me.

I have not seen any previews of the Spring Break remake.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by journey:
Looks like Screwballs will also be hitting DVD and Blu-ray this month. It's slated for release on the 25th.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Ddvd&field-keywords=screwballs&x=9&y=19

Nothing against "Screwballs", but how does this movie get a Blu-ray release when there are gems like "Modern Girls" that can't even rate a DVD release? And so many more classic that are never mentioned for Blu-ray...the system is messed up on releasing DVDs.

Where's Cindy Mancini on this issue?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home