iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The New Adventures of Pippi Longstocking

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The New Adventures of Pippi Longstocking
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In grade school days, this was often shown during winter recesses (a copy taped off HBO) many a time. While it's more of an average film in all--and I personally don't share the character's large disregard for authority figures--it is at least somewhat imaginative, and there's no denying that theme song is addictive either way ("Watch out world, because here she comes, and she's bound to teach you more than one thing...")
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched lots of Swedish Pippi movies based on Astrid Lindgren´s books when i was a kid
but i´ve never seen this 80s American version.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi chris,
haha i remember watching this movie a lot when i wa younger. i don't recall scenes from the movie exactly, but the theme song definitely sticks on your head for years and years.

i don't know if i would even like this movie now? it's been so long though.

"pippi longstocking.. coming into your world.. a freckle-faced redhead girl.."

[Big Grin]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EJ Loves Takashi
Master Rewinder
Member # 7767

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for EJ Loves Takashi   Email EJ Loves Takashi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hahaha I had forgotten about this movie. I always loved the part where she drew the life size horse on the floor because the paper was too small!
Posts: 155 | From: Today Indiana....probably tomorrow too actually! | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home