iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » name of movie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: name of movie
tmartin
Rewind Curious
Member # 7999

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for tmartin   Email tmartin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So this may be difficult to explain. I remember when I was younger watching this movie with my mom, she can't seem to remember the name of the movie like me. I'll try to explain it as best as I can and hopefully someone out there remembers this movie.

There are 2 guys, pretty sure 1 of them is a jock. the guy that isnt a jock lives next to this girl that the jock likes. In the movie the nonjock realizes towards the end how much he likes this girl hes trying to help the jock be with. Also at the end of the movie the nonjock jumps from his house to hers...might have been balcony to balcony or window to window. In the movie the jock is on a stage with the girl and the nonjock is whispering to the jock about the girl telling him what to say and then realizes that he likes her himself.

Thats about all that I can remember from the movie and am 90% certain its a movie from the 80s. Can't seem to remember any actors from the movie [Frown] . haha seems to be the ultimate test right here on how well people know their 80's movies. thanks for your help folks.

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earl Keese
Master Rewinder
Member # 7986

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earl Keese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tmartin, It is a pretty standard story, so you might be thinking of something else, but it sounds an awful lot like you are describing Roxanne w/ Steve Martin (non-jock), Rick Rossovich (jock) and Daryl Hannah (the girl - who else). Again, you might have something else in mind, but released in 1987 puts it right in the wheelhouse. Great movie too...check it out again sometime, you won't be disappointed!
Posts: 253 | From: ILLINOIS | Registered: May 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DuB1978
Senior Rewinder
Member # 7950

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for DuB1978   Email DuB1978   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man i know the movie you are looking for is made in the 80's but that sure sounds like the movie
"Whatever It Takes" which was made in 2000.

Posts: 82 | From: Owensboro KY | Registered: Apr 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tmartin
Rewind Curious
Member # 7999

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for tmartin   Email tmartin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH MY! it IS Whatever it Takes....I really cant believe it hasnt been that long ago...could have sworn it was def made in the 80s since it seems like forever ago. well thanks so much Dub1978. And Roxanne is a GREAT movie Earl.
Posts: 2 | Registered: May 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home