iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » THE HEAVENLY KID

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: THE HEAVENLY KID
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been renting Old School 80s flicks I have somehgow never seen (rare, right?!) and today was this one.

I wasnt hugely impressed, but it was okay.

The story is about this 60s greaser guy who dies in a game of "chicken" and before he can "cross over" to heaven or whatever he has to do A Good Deed. His good deed is to go help this "nerdy" kid from the '80s.

I think one of my problems is the "nerdy" kid was played by Jason Gedrick. Helllo? I remember in the 80s thinking that guy was HOT! And yet here he is - being called a 'nerd'! If He's the nerdiest guy at school I wanna see what the Hunk looks like. ROW!

Of course, the "nerdy girl" is adorable too (at first I thought she was Diane Va Va Va Voom Franklin, but it was just a Dead Ringer). Its sorta like when you watch SECRET ADMIRER and they try to tell you Lori Loughlins the dork cuz she's a brunette and Kelly Prestons a blonde. Yeah right!)

Very Funny Now is the "Lets Dress The Kid Up Cool" segment where you will laugh at the horiible fashions we apparently thought were "cool" in the '80s (Just how many gold zippers does a leather jacket NEED folks?)

I think what I liked best about watching this movie is that one of the main charactors in it is played by the Mom on MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLe, the show I watch every morning at 7 Am before I take my daughter to school.

Anyone else remember this one?

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it´s a good movie mamamia.
I watched it some time ago.
Some comments here:

http://www.fast-rewind.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=008770#000000

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jason Gedrick a nerd? What? I've never seen this, but I have been trying to catch some 80's flicks on the free movies on our digital cable.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Heavenly Kid is great. I proudly own it on DVD. I even have a rare pressing of the soundtrack on CD.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Its sorta like when you watch SECRET ADMIRER and they try to tell you Lori Loughlins the dork cuz she's a brunette and Kelly Prestons a blonde. Yeah right!
I could believe in the force. I could believe John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John were high-schoolers. I could believe Doc Brown built a time-machine out of a DeLorean. But no matter how hard I try, I could never, ever, believe that Lori Loughlin was an unnoticed ordinary friend type in Secret Admirer. It's one thing to suspend disbelief, but another to take it into the desert and shoot it in the back of the head.

quote:
Very Funny Now is the "Lets Dress The Kid Up Cool" segment where you will laugh at the horiible fashions we apparently thought were "cool" in the '80s (Just how many gold zippers does a leather jacket NEED folks?)
I remember watching it at the time and thinking, "They're gonna tear him apart. He looks like a fool!" Still, it would be nice to believe that a geeky guy could turn up at school in trendy clothes and not be considered a desperate loser who's trying way too hard.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah really. When has that ever worked? The nerdy guy gets a haircut, some new clothes, and some contact lenses and suddenly the whole school forgets the past 10 years. Yeah right.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home