iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80's Movie covers/posters are the best! Your Favorites? (Page 9)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: 80's Movie covers/posters are the best! Your Favorites?
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a few more random posters and video box art that i like -

-

Cool UK quad poster art to 1986's Codename Wild geese.

-

Us one sheet poster for the 1986 action adventure Jake Speed starring the late Wayne Crawford and the beautiful Karen Kopins.

-

1984 UK poster art to Chuck Vincent's T&A comedy Hollywood Hot Tubs.

-

Us one sheet poster for the great 1982 all star slasher Alone In The Dark.

-

UK Entertainment In Video home video release artwork for the fun 1986 action Sci-Fi flick Eliminators.

Posts: 3068 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How is it possible that i´ve never seen that Hollywood Hot Tubs poster?

The pic is familiar though because i have this 1977 australian sex comedy called What a Way to Go aka Bottoms Up and the finnish vhs has the very same pic as cover art (or part of it) [Confused]

Posts: 6748 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah that wouldn't surprise me Atomik if they had used it elsewhere,didn't one studio once use Sho Kosugi's picture from Pray For Death on an alternate title?

Some movie distributors had no shame and would do anything to dupe the customer out of there hard earned!

I wonder if anyone sat through the whole of that movie wondering when Kosugi was going to turn up

[Big Grin]

Posts: 3068 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, they sure did (see page 6) [Big Grin]

I need to post the pic and the god awful HHT cover we had...

Posts: 6748 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Ok, here we go!

What a Way to Go aka Bottoms Up (1977) finnish vhs cover sheet.
The back cover says that the movie is 1985 film The Ultimate Sacrifice, i believe there´s no such film in this universe...
You can see that it includes the most interesting parts of that UK Hollywood Hot Tubes poster [Big Grin]

-

The original US Hollywood Hot Tubs poster art.
Classic stuff!

-

And finally the horrible finnish Hollywood Hot Tubs vhs cover sheet.
Well, actually only the front cover sucks. Gotta love the back cover pics [Cool]

-

imawalkingcorpse
Master Rewinder
Member # 1675

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for imawalkingcorpse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

[ 06. April 2017, 20:12: Message edited by: imawalkingcorpse ]

Posts: 178 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imawalkingcorpse
Master Rewinder
Member # 1675

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for imawalkingcorpse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 178 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imawalkingcorpse
Master Rewinder
Member # 1675

1 Update

Rate Member
 -
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Great pics there imawalkingcorpse and i especially love the Joysticks one,never seen Blood Beach but if it's as fun as it looks from the poster art i bet it's a blast!

I see what you mean by the Finnish front cover art for Hollywood Hot Tubs Atomik,i agree though that the back cover pics are awesome,as for that cover for Bottoms Up that uses Hollywood Hot Tubs art well all i can say is that they must have no shame!

imawalkingcorpse
Master Rewinder
Member # 1675

1 Update

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
Great pics there imawalkingcorpse and i especially love the Joysticks one,never seen Blood Beach but if it's as fun as it looks from the poster art i bet it's a blast!

I see what you mean by the Finnish front cover art for Hollywood Hot Tubs Atomik,i agree though that the back cover pics are awesome,as for that cover for Bottoms Up that uses Hollywood Hot Tubs art well all i can say is that they must have no shame!

Joysticks is a fun movie, Blood Beach is a complete Jaws rip off, but somewhat "entertaining".
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Mentioned Drew Struzan on another thread and it´s a damn shame they don´t use this Police Academy poster more often.
(Yeah, i know. Money talks [Wink] )

-

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home