iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80's Movie covers/posters are the best! Your Favorites? (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: 80's Movie covers/posters are the best! Your Favorites?
David Crump
Rewind Curious
Member # 37388

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for David Crump   Email David Crump   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Warrior, those are awesome! You have some really rare stuff there!
Posts: 8 | Registered: Sep 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheers David,not been collecting posters for long but have always wanted to,wish I had started earlier as some of my favourite 80s posters have become quite rare since and obviously shot up a bit in price .
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those awful (but hilarious) mid- to late 80's Godfrey Ho ninja flicks were released here with eye-catching glossy artwork.

-

-

-

-

-

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Johnny that picture the 3rd one down - shadow killers tiger force the main pic of the guy sure does look a bit like sho kosugi from the cover art for pray for death,i reckon it must be his twin brother [Big Grin]

-

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's those damn ninja's.. Always dressing alike ! [Big Grin]
Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here in Finland they used the same pic in Godfrey Ho film "Diamond Ninja Force" probably best known as Golden Ninja Warrior.
Also posted the alternate cover Ninja Warrior. Crazy films, crazy releases [Big Grin]

-  -

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we need few Dangerous Curves here [Smile]

-

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That Strange Brew poster is very good.
You Hosers. You better get Strange Brew.
You'll get the hoser thing after you see the movie.

Posts: 1991 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
we need few Dangerous Curves here [Smile]

-

those sure are some tight looking curves atomik,what's dangerous curves like atomik is it anygood?

i just looked it up and i see leslie nielsen pops up in it,it looks pretty good fun from the cover!

-

here's my latest poster pick up - the original uk quad for psycho 3,not sure when i will ever get round to hanging my few poster frames up but when i do i'll put the pics on here!

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Dangerous Curves is pretty entertaining if a little by the numbers teen flick, warrior. Bikini babes all over the place and yes, Leslie Nielsen somewhere in the middle [Wink]
I should rewatch the Psycho films asap!

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I mean, i even got the Bates Motel (1987) tv-movie and never seen that one...
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Gotta love the psycho films there awesome,I even like the made for TV part 4 to some extent!

Love the original but I do actually watch parts 2 and 3 the most,there such great fun.

Never seen the 1987 TV movie - bates motel before or the 2012 TV series that seems to be doing quite well for itself and I believe is now in its 4 or 5 season.

I think the Vince Vaughn remake was a bad idea as it was never really likely to work,for me there's only one Norman bates and that's Anthony Perkins!

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
National Lampoon's Vacation (again.. but it's so cool it doesn't hurt to post it again)

-

And National Lampoon's European Vacation, which hasn't been posted yet in this thread, surprisingly

-

And for some reason the blu-ray versions ended up with this :

-  - [Confused] [Confused]

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Johnny. I picked up Vacation today for like 6 bucks on Bluray. My cover is similar but Chevy has got moose antlers on the sides of his head on mine.

The new covers are a major let down.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Sounds like the same artwork as my blu ray boxset Bernie,great films but I agree the new artwork completely sucks especially when compared to the awsome original art!

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Perhaps Boris Vallejo´s gone greedy and asking too much...?
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
 -

Sounds like the same artwork as my blu ray boxset Bernie,great films but I agree the new artwork completely sucks especially when compared to the awsome original art!

Yeah, that looks about the same. Too bad I did not see a box set at the shops. The old artwork was really good. I guess you could argue that it's somewhat misleading though.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
This is the artwork for there (waner's) new 25th anniversary edition steelbook which compared to the original Christmas vacation art is also pretty lame!

Has a remastered transfer this time around with a new HD audio track and a supposed much improved picture.

-

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/National-Lampoons-Christmas-Vacation-Blu-ray/137750/#Review

-

Here in the UK it was released at the theatres with the alternate title of national lampoon's winter holiday but was then released to home video thankfully under the preferable Christmas vacation title!

[ 11. November 2015, 09:00: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Just remembered that here in Finland the European Vacation vhs cover art looked like this:

-

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Squirrel!!!!!!!!!! Winter Holiday? What were they thinking? I wonder why certain movies have different titles for different countries. Something to do with appeal?

Never seen that Scandi cover work. Looks pretty good. It oozes 80s. Do you have that actual video?

I noticed that Vacation Bluray has an 85 mintue featurette and commentary from Harold Ramis, and the Griswold kids and a couple others. Still have not got to it yet.

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anybody remember videodiscs? I have Vacation on videodisc. Its the same as the original artwork on vhs only its better cause its the size of a record album cover.

The Winter Holiday poster is great along with the artwork for Euro.

Posts: 1991 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

I was at the local antique mall the other day and one of the booths had a bunch of original movie posters. Many were 80s posters. Here are some I remembered.
Maximum overdrive
Ferris bueller
Revenge of the nerds
Over the top
Police academy 3,4
Trading places
No small affair
A view to a kill
Blind date
Explorers
St elmos fire
Breakfast club
Fletch
Stand by me
Wisdom
Terminator

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Bernie, i don´t have European Vacation on video.

TerdNthePoolGGB, i love those lp sized laserdiscs! Sadly never had any. Vacation on laserdisc: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpySn-CXUxI

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Just found this supercool, Class of 1984 style australian vhs cover art for Bad Manners. Awesome film by the way!

-

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Never seen that cover art before atomik,such a fun film that more people need to check out!

It's got a Great soundtrack https://youtu.be/GteNgWGfQUw as well and what surprised me originally when i first watched it was how funny it was in parts,I agree an awesome film.

-

- terd that's some really rare posters there,the maximum overdrive us one sheet i know goes for pretty good money last time I checked if it's in really good condition!

[ 20. November 2015, 21:18: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home