iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80's Movie covers/posters are the best! Your Favorites? (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: 80's Movie covers/posters are the best! Your Favorites?
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah! I have Running Hot on dvd. Nice low-budget stuff!
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i've got running hot on dvd as well,it was a blind buy,the out of print vhs was selling at ridiculous prices and when i saw code red were issuing it on dvd i snapped it up straight away,really great little known 80s flick.

i think it's been re issued since by scorpion dvd paired up with the thriller hot target(one i've never seen).

on the old code red dvd they say there is a spelling error on the front cover with eric stoltz's name,i've not ever checked my copy but i'll have to have a look at some time.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
please excuse the mess i'm in the middle of decorating.

it's not 80s but i've not long purchased a us one sheet poster of the terrific 1993 thriller judgement night of ebay.

just waiting for it to arrive from the us,keeping my fingers crossed it's in as good a condition as it looked on ebay.

i don't own many posters,about 5 or 6 in total,making the grade is the one in the best condition,it looks top notch where as the us one sheet of mutant 1984 i purchased turned up disappointingly a lot more creased than the pics and seller had detailed it on ebay.

all the original 80s uk quad posters and i believe us one sheet posters as well were nearly always supplied to the theatres in a folded condition, hence the crease lines where as later posters (90s onwards) tended to be rolled.

[ 24. July 2015, 10:36: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Three iconic films, three alternate posters. I believe these were used in various european countries, including Finland.

Trading Places

-

Back to the Future

-

Ferris Bueller´s Day Off

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
i've never seen that trading places poster before atomik,that looks really cool.

what is your ratings system over in finland atomik,i see on these posters they have the numbers 8 on the ferris poster and 10 on the back to the future.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Back in the 80s the rating system was like this: S = General Audiences, after that basically every even number up to 18 and then KK = banned.

They have changed the system twice since. The first time was in 2001 which was the year of relief to finnish movie lovers, the old stupid video law was finally over and they didn´t cut movies anymore.
The ratings were 3,7,11,13,15 and 18.

In 2012 they changed the system again and now it´s like this:

S = General Audiance and after that comes 7,12,16,18.
You can see movies with 7,12,16 marking with an adult even if you´re three years younger.

Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting comparison between two original artwork designs for 48 Hrs. (1982)

The one with the finger :

-

..and the safer alternate :

-

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Finnish 48 Hrs. rental tape looks like this:

-

Few years later the tape for sale edition looked like this [Big Grin]

-

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
poor eddie some one chopped off his finger!

-

turk 182 uk quad poster

Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
Few years later the tape for sale edition looked like this [Big Grin]

-

Oh man, that's just wrong.. [Frown]

kinda hilarious though ! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Warrior and Roarke you guys are crackin me up with those finger covers
Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thenodfather
Master Rewinder
Member # 8732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thenodfather   Email thenodfather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like this one, it's The Russian Poster for Star Wars:

-

Posts: 239 | From: Ireland | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thenodfather
Master Rewinder
Member # 8732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thenodfather   Email thenodfather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terms Of Endearment Polish Poster:

-

Posts: 239 | From: Ireland | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thenodfather
Master Rewinder
Member # 8732

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
 -

it's not 80s but i've not long purchased a us one sheet poster of the terrific 1993 thriller judgement night of ebay.

just waiting for it to arrive from the us,keeping my fingers crossed it's in as good a condition as it looked on ebay.

i don't own many posters,about 5 or 6 in total,making the grade is the one in the best condition,it looks top notch where as the us one sheet of mutant 1984 i purchased turned up disappointingly a lot more creased than the pics and seller had detailed it on ebay.

all the original 80s uk quad posters and i believe us one sheet posters as well were nearly always supplied to the theatres in a folded condition, hence the crease lines where as later posters (90s onwards) tended to be rolled.

Just wondering is there a mistake in the picture as it it says Denis Leary instead of who's in the picture?
thenodfather
Master Rewinder
Member # 8732

Member Rated:
Robocop - Hungarian Poster

-

thenodfather
Master Rewinder
Member # 8732

Member Rated:
In this version of the Back To The Future Poster from Hungary, they didn't need roads.
Did they travel to the future? Hmmmm [Big Grin]

-

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by thenodfather:
quote:
 -

Just wondering is there a mistake in the picture as it it says Denis Leary instead of who's in the picture?
i can see your point thenodfather but i think it might of been the case of denis leary perhaps being a higher profile name back in 93 in the us than what stephen dorff was!

[ 16. February 2015, 12:55: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
a few more random 80s movie posters i think are very cool,all very simple in design but still very effective.

i especially like the explorers & hot pursuit poster.

-
armed and dangerous (1986)

-
electric dreams (1984)

-
explorers (1985). only ever caught the end of this one,any good?

-
stakeout (1987)

and
 -
hot pursuit (1987)

[ 10. February 2017, 17:15: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:

-
explorers (1985). only ever caught the end of this one,any good?

I love the poster and the first hour (or so) of the movie is great but the last part sucks.
I think this opinion is universally agreed [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

atomik i always liked this poster art for making contact (1985),i have seen it years back,but it's one of those one's that i can remember next to nothing from.

looking at the poster it screams poltergeist rip off!

have you ever watched it?

thenodfather
Master Rewinder
Member # 8732

Member Rated:
Beauty Eh?

-

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
That is really cool thenodfather,never seen strange brew,that's one I need to check out at some point!
thenodfather
Master Rewinder
Member # 8732

Member Rated:
DO, I really recommend it. Rick Moranis and Dave Tomas are brilliant in it and make a great duo. Like the titles suggests it is a strange brew. I like to watch it with a few beers [Big Grin]

Here's the trailer for it:

Strange Brew:
http://youtu.be/yZCI39NWZ5g

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I think that they never released Making Contact here. It´s interesting stuff though, Roland Emmerich´s first international movie.

Strange Brew is another tricky one i´ve never seen. Maybe i´ll order the R1 dvd someday.

LDMonster
Rewind Curious
Member # 37349

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for LDMonster   Author's Homepage   Email LDMonster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Drew Struzan did a lot of thpse really nice Star Wars, Indiana Jones, New Blade Runner and The Back to the Future Series. One of the most prolific movie poster artist. He continued on to do many 90's and late on. One of the last ones I remember was Hellboy.
Posts: 6 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Feb 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home