iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80's Movie covers/posters are the best! Your Favorites? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: 80's Movie covers/posters are the best! Your Favorites?
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just look at them kung fu-ing vampire zombies bouncing around.. it's the stuff of legends ! [Big Grin]

Here's another one from the same collection :

-

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

-

-

[ 20. September 2012, 04:40: Message edited by: Johnny Roarke is reckless ]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love all the artwork for the 80s sword and sorcery flicks johnny, great stuff.

here's some random titles from medusa home video u.k featuring some pretty cool artwork.

they seemed to have the knack of producing some great looking art for there releases .

-
sorority house massacre - 1986

-
rolling vengeance - 1987

-
976 evil - 1988

-
out of the dark - 1989

-
busted up - 1986

[ 21. January 2015, 15:53: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
c.h.u.d - 1984

-
light blast - 1985

-
graveyard shift - 1987

-
savage streets - 1984

-
stitches - 1985

-
certain fury - 1985

[ 12. October 2012, 11:20: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
We NEED a Certain Fury dvd-release a.s.a.p. !!

And i certainly wouldn't mind buying Stitches as well, if there was a dvd ! [Big Grin]

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent Medusa art, warrior!

I own Sorority House Massacre UK dvd, Savage Streets & The Gate scandi dvd´s,
976-Evil US VHS tape and Busted Up, Light Blast, Graveyard Shift and Stitches Finnish VHS tapes.

Rolling Vengeance and Certain Fury were released here back in the day but those tapes are pretty rare.

[ 21. September 2012, 00:57: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -
Dutch CNR Video sleeve for Joe D'Amato's 2020 Texas Gladiators

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -
Aaah.. Cirio Santiago flicks.. it couldn't get much better than this ! [Big Grin]

Trailer : www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_095gJocv4

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -
Hey, this is the movie i always knew as Raiders Of Death. I used to have a large, hard-cardboard display
of this one. Never knew it was also known as Land Of Doom.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that 2020 Texas Gladiators and Land of Doom were released here
but i´ve never heard of The Sisterhood before.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
here's a few more i like

-
thorn emi's u.k video art for russell mulcahy's razorback from 1984

-
the cbs/fox u.k video artwork for 1985s - the stuff.

-
poster art for 1988s return of the living dead 2.

-
thorn emi's artwork for there original vhs/beta release of amityville 3 - 1983

-
poster art for 1981 slasher - happy birthday to me.

[ 21. January 2015, 15:55: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
A few more horror ones I like

-

The artwork for Stephen king's 1982 original creepshow was cool as is I feel the artwork for the 1987 sequel creepshow 2.

-

Poster art for phenomena aka creepers directed by Dario argento and starring the beautiful Jennifer connelly.

-

original videoform uk artwork for there vhs/beta release of robert ginty's(exterminator) 1984 horror - the alchemist.

-

The Friday the 13th's had some decent artwork over the years,I always liked this poster art for part 6 - Jason lives(1986).

-

Really like this poster art for 1983 horror anthology nightmares which features Emilio estevez.

[ 30. January 2013, 04:07: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
a few more posters and covers i like -

-

mgm/ua u.k vhs/beta cover for michael dudikoff's 1985 hit american ninja aka american warrior.

-

poster art for tomboy from crown international from 1985,the real reason i like this poster is betsy russell.

-

cannon u.k's video artwork for jean claude van damme's cyborg from 1989.

-

another simple but effective poster for the excellent reckless from 1984 starring aidan quinn and daryl hannah.

[ 21. January 2015, 16:11: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
i purchased a couple of uk quad posters this year,i got bachelor party uk quad poster of ebay for 13 uk pounds,the exact same as the one below but i would say in much better condition

-

and making the grade uk quad poster the same as the one below for just 10 uk pounds of ebay in near mint condition

-

i also purchased a quad movie frame and i'm hoping to get either one or both put up on my bedroom wall that's if i can talk my wife around.

the other poster i got was a really cool jack's back uk video poster featuring james spader and cynthia gibb and featuring some really wicked artwork for only 6 pound of ebay also in near mint condition.

[ 28. May 2015, 15:05: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

seankmichael
Rewind Curious
Member # 37340

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for seankmichael   Author's Homepage   Email seankmichael   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Firstly,
Shout out to Gordongecko for your Movie Poster selection of "Adventures in Babysitting". Great drawing/painting.

Stellar work. Is this the artist who produced the BTTF posters?!

I like the "Wizard"poster for it features many things 80s- the skateboards (anybody remember gleaming the cube?), the old-school NES characters and the 80s outfits...

Check out my movie review on it at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCgtxaSH5e0

Posts: 2 | From: Plantation, Florida | Registered: Jan 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love the Bond cover art

-

Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Yes it is the same artist seankmicheal - drew struzan http://www.drewstruzan.com/illustrated/portfolio/ great poster art and a great artist,I only purchased the blu ray for babysitter a few months back,really fun flick.

Dig that view to a kill soundtrack cover art terdnthepoolggb,can't remember much from view to a kill,not seen it since it's first release,I can remember Christopher walken's character in it and of course the theme music.
I know they said roger Moore seemed to be a bit past it at that time to be playing bond.

I'll have to check it out again sometime.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
I just checked out your review for the wizard sean,great review,I've never actually seen the movie but I kept thinking i remember Christian Slater being in it then I thought no I must be imagining it,but I see he does appear,never realised beau bridges was in it as well.

Never seen this or his other popular hit movie little monsters,I think the only thing I've seen Fred savage in is the movie vice versa and the series the wonder years.

I'll have check the wizard out at some point!

[ 25. January 2015, 02:32: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
i wish todays poster art was as imaginative and fun as back in the 80s

-
tank (1984)

-
top secret (1984)

-
gung ho (1986)

-
dc cabs aka fleet street (1983)

anbody else got some favourites they'd like to share?

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
The posters and video-sleeves for a whole bunch of 80's teen sex comedies certainly knew how to draw
the attention of its target-audience. For example :

-

German poster design for Hot Splash (1988)

-

And the Spanish video-sleeve artwork for the same movie (similar to the one we had here in Holland back in the day)

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
We had this lame Hot Splash art compared to the ones above. I´ve been tryin´ to find the vhs tape but no such luck yet.

-

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
It's another one of those movies that seemed to have vanished without a trace, unfortunately.

Here's a couple more that definitely knew how to titillate the mind of teenage boys growing up in the 80's :

-

-

[ 29. January 2015, 06:27: Message edited by: Johnny Roarke is reckless ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Hot splash(88),hot-chilli(85),hot dog(84),hot moves(85),hot resort(85),hot pursuit(87),hot tubs (hollywood hot tubs)(84),hot t-shirts(80),hot target(85),hot to trot(88),
Hot splash(88) - it sure was hot in the 80s
[Big Grin]

[ 30. January 2015, 12:33: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Couple more: Hot Child in the City (87) and Hot Bubblegum (81). The 90s continued with Hot Shots! and The Hot Spot [Big Grin]
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
And let us not forget the excellent Running Hot either ! [Cool]

-

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home