iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Movie quote suggestions?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movie quote suggestions?
nino
Rewind Curious
Member # 7225

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for nino   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I'm an animation student and I'm currently researching strong willed women for my next assignment.

I've only found very few clips so far and I was wondering if you guys can lend me your expertise in finding good dialogue from 70-80s women. Just anything you can recall that was a good performance or a really strong line.

For example:
Mommie Dearest
Joan Crawford: Why can't you give me the respect that I'm entitled to? Why can't you treat me like I would be treated by any stranger on the street?
Christina: Because I am NOT one of your fans.

I would actually love to animate the above line but it's just too popular. Lines im looking for dont have to popular - in fact it would be better if they weren't.

Any help or just pointing me to the right direction would be really cool!

Posts: 6 | From: melbourne | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From The Legend of Billie Jean:

YouTube Clip

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nino
Rewind Curious
Member # 7225

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for nino   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's what I'm talking about!
Any more?
Cheers!

Posts: 6 | From: melbourne | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nino...don't know any quotes off hand, but...if you're talking strong willed women...you may want to check out the Alien movies with Sigorney Weaver.....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nino
Rewind Curious
Member # 7225

Rate Member
cheers man, but Sigorney Weaver in Alien is a little too strong for what im after.

also any good 2 teenage boy/girl or girl/girl suggestions would be good.

Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Regina Belmont in "Night of the Comet".

"C'mon Hector...the MAC-10 submachine gun was practicially designed for housewives."

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nino,

Check out Sixteen Candles. Lots of good boy girl lines in this movie. Also, The Breakfast Club.

[Smile]

- jdocster

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nino:
also any good 2 teenage boy/girl or girl/girl suggestions would be good.

Can't Buy Me Love - YouTube

Some Kind of Wonderful - YouTube

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Honorary Goonie #13
Rewind Curious
Member # 7908

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Honorary Goonie #13   Email Honorary Goonie #13   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if this is somewhat along the lines of what you need but it was just fun to watch..

Adventures in Babysitting-The Subway

*The clip doesn't look very good.

Posts: 4 | From: Puerto Rico | Registered: Apr 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nino
Rewind Curious
Member # 7225

Rate Member
cool. thanks guys. still looking at the moment but these are great! Probably a too much swearing with that last one.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home