iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Last 80's Horror Movie You Watched is (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: The Last 80's Horror Movie You Watched is
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
976-Evil (1988)

For your horrorscope - dial 976-EVIL!

This was entertaining flick directed by Robert "Freddy" Englund.
Nice performance once again from Stephen Geoffreys, wicked and funny.
Fish raining from the sky, 2 public bathroom scenes and hell freezing over!
Good stuff!

This is the only US NTSC VHS tape i own.
Gotta watch the sequel sometime next week.

-  -

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I've only seen the 976 Evil sequel, not the original.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll watch it this week Atomik and post the bathroom pics up :)haha
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Prowler (1981)

-

A first watch for me. It was pretty slow in parts, but the kills were inventive and very bloody  - -- so that makes up for it.  -  -

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friday The 13th: Part VI - Jason Lives (1986)
Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched 976 Evil last weekend. It was good!
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prison ("Horror has a new home.")

A criminal executed in the electric chair for a murder he did not commit comes back two decades later for revenge against the warder responsible, who is now the prison governor.

aTomiK's thread for Prison.
http://www.fast-rewind.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=009132

[ 01. March 2011, 02:12: Message edited by: Lovers with Cassie ]

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, I get too scared watching horror flicks.

Depending on what time you watch them makes a dramatic difference aswell.

If you watch a movie at 3 in the morning by yourself it make it that much more s..hit your pants scary.

The last one I watched would have been The Howling - '81. Terrible IMO compared to An American Werewolf in London of the same year - which is a true classic.

I honestly can't say I am a major horror fan but occasionally I will see one where I am hiding under the covers.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zach
Master Rewinder
Member # 9459

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Zach   Email Zach   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched Forbidden World (1982), perhaps the greatest Alien rip-off of all time! It's got a cool-looking monster, Jesse Vint, two of the most beautiful women to ever enter outer space (Dawn Dunlap and June Chadwick) SFX by John Buechler, and it's produced by Roger Corman. What more could a fan of 80s horror movies want?
 -

Posts: 122 | From: Beverly, MA | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zach, i´m glad that you enjoyed it.
What a great movie!

Here´s the Rewind Forbidden World thread

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dark of the Night, alias Mr. Wrong ("If you thought "Christine" was mean...")

A woman purchases a second hand Jaguar that proves to be haunted by the ghost of its previous owner, a woman who was murdered. The current possessor soon realises that the murderer is now after her.

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillian Ronsonet
Rewind Curious
Member # 9587

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Jillian Ronsonet         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Child's Play...I'm also watching The Lost Boys but it has so much comedy for a horror film...
Posts: 3 | Registered: Apr 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

I LOVE the Lost Boys!
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
Terminal Choice ("At Dodson Clinic, there's a chance you may not recover. The doctors are betting on it.")

When patients in a high tech clinic begin dying suspiciously, then a doctor slong with a colleague start to investigate as the former is suspected owing to his having being sacked from his last job for mispractice.

The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey j2me

did you like the prowler? i watched it and i was totally non plussed. what was the point of lawrence tierny getting top billing? probably the worst slasher i have seen except for friday the 13th 5, but then again friday 5 had the comic relief of red suit reggie.

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh the last one i watched was Nightmare 3 the dream warriors

on a side did anyone find it humerous that they thought the girl committed suicide with the tv, she'd had to jump 3ft off the ground to do it.

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

I watched The Prowler for the first time this weekend. I thought it started out really good, but then it got kind of slow. Overall I liked it.
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
Bells, alias Murder by Phone ("A madman pushes a button and kills by phone. Would you answer?")

A university professor along with environmentalist attempts to track down the murderer responsible for lethally electrocuting people who answer telephone calls after one of his students is murdered.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I own Bells aka Murder by Phone. Good movie!
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
Alison's Birthday ("She'll never forget her party... and neither will you.")

An adolescent girl returns home for her 19th birthday party despite her father's spirit warning her at a seance not to do so, where her relatives have sinister intentions for her.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Watched another Argento movie Inferno (1980) yesterday.
It was just released here on dvd and this was the first time i saw it.
Pretty good "sequel" to Suspiria with Keith Emerson score.

-

Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
Kadaicha, alias Stones of Death ("Who says you can't get blood out of a stone.")

Adolescents start dying horrendously after receiving mysterious stones that are linked to an aboriginal burial ground which a housing development was built on top of.

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
Watched another Argento movie Inferno (1980) yesterday.
It was just released here on dvd and this was the first time i saw it.
Pretty good "sequel" to Suspiria with Keith Emerson score.

I've always loved "Inferno," which I think is in some ways even more berserk than "Suspiria." It has that cool Keith Emerson soundtrack too. What I think is great is that those who know Argento's work would kill to work with him. Cinematographer Ronnie Taylor, who won an Oscar for "Gandhi," lobbied hard for the job and was really excited to do "Opera"--and then later "Phantom of the Opera" and "Sleepless." And I know that Stewart Copeland of the Police desperately wanted to score an Argento film, to the point where I think that he sent Argento a demo tape. And then you got Adrien Brody, who also wanted to do an Argento film, but, unfortunately, that partnership didn't turn out so well. I realize Argento's not the director he once was, but there was a time from the mid-70's through the 80's where he was the innovative, creative guy whom folks wanted to be around.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
Silent Night, Deadly Night (1984)

After his parents are murdered, a young tormented teenager goes on a murderous rampage dressed as Santa, due to his stay at an orphanage where he was abused by the Mother Superior. -- IMDb

A fairly decent slasher.

Trailer

Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
Next of Kin ("There is something evil in this house.")

A deranged murderer begins to strike in an old people's home after a girl inherits it from her mother.

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home