iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Last 80's Horror Movie You Watched is (Page 13)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: The Last 80's Horror Movie You Watched is
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad to see someone else who appreciates the charms of Ms. George. I think of all her roles, this one is the most eye candy. She really looks great undraped, overbite and all. A very attractive presence in the 70s and 80s. [Smile]
Posts: 2007 | From: America's Caribbean | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Just ordered this US scream factory double feature as I've always liked Ghost Warrior aka Swordkill and I'll just treat House as a bonus feature and at least get a chance to check it out and not get to upset if I think it sucks!

Posts: 3215 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YW, you won't mind House. It's downright silly in spots, but it looks good, and at least it's different: a Japanese-American horror film from the 80s.
Posts: 2007 | From: America's Caribbean | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheers Crash I have watched it years back but all I remember is the crazy scene with the crabs which is something that once seen is not quickly forgotten!
Posts: 3215 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Checked out The House Where Evil Dwells and while I did find plenty of faults with it I still found it to be pretty entertaining overall and i also thought it was beautifully shot!

Certainly nowhere near as bad as I remembered it and pleased I revisited!

Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 1719 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

A killer stalks a composer staying at a posh Tuscany villa while writing the score to a horror film which has an incriminating clue to the killer's identity.-from IMDb

Other than being slightly overlong and having some hilariously bad dubbed dialogue this early 80s giallo by Demons director Lamberto Bava is a pretty solid effort that features some ok suspense,brutal kills with one in particular being extremely nasty,a touch of nudity plus a cool but admittedly repetitive (as it plays more or less constantly throughout) music score https://youtu.be/y-lEBT_RgPs that after a while seriously gets stuck in your head!

Can remember watching this back in the day on a heavily cut Vestron VHS video
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085303/alternateversions and watching it here now on 88 film's Blu Ray which is uncut and features both decent picture and audio quality makes for a lot better viewing experience of A Blade In The Dark and I liked it enough for me to warrant picking it up for my own collection somewhere down the line.

Recommended 8/10.

I love The Nest pyro and have this original MGM promotional mug for the movie

-

Which if you look inside of it you get a nasty surprise!

-

[ 17. September 2017, 05:20: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

13 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
O M G! Are you Bear Grylls Warrior [Big Grin]
Posts: 1518 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 13  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Yeah I don't mind the odd roach there just a bit crunchy that's all!
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin]

Haven´t seen A Blade in the Dark yet but 31 days of horror is soon here again!

Posts: 6921 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
A Blade In The Dark i thought was decent Atomik though some of the dubbing is seriously bad but overall it's quite atmospheric and there's some pretty brutal kills in there!

Well worth checking out as is director Lamberto Bava's wacky 1987 giallo Delirium (below).

-

Extremely bizarre at times but it's a fun 90 odd minutes and Serena Grandi looks stunning in it!

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, i own and have seen Delirium. U can´t go wrong with Grandi and Sabrina Salerno [Wink]
Posts: 6921 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home