iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » looking for name of 2 films?...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: looking for name of 2 films?...
TRSMMaiden
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7789

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TRSMMaiden   Email TRSMMaiden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately though I can hardly remember anything about them so I probably will not be able to provide enough information.

First one all I remember is a scene in some kind of lab and a little boy has been captured and he is being forced into some chamber and I think they might have been trying to turn him into a robot (?), his grandad was also there any the boy was yelling for help

thats all I remember about it [Frown]

The second one I remember even less about. I remember the main character in it he could look at traffic lights and change them from one colour to the next with his mind (he was in back of a card being driven somewhere and was doing this as he passed any traffic lights), thats all I can remember [Frown] The baddies in it were quite scary, just regular humans but donno I remember being scared of them when I was little, quite menacing.

I know probably not enough info but if anyone has any ideas, just 2 films I wouldnt mind watching again if I knew what they were called!

Posts: 13 | From: Liverpool, UK | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enerchal
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7806

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Enerchal   Email Enerchal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They both sound like one film: D.A.R.Y.L. About a boy called Daryl who is a scientific experiment. The acronym stands for Data Analysing Robot Youth Lifeform. I haven't seen the film in years, but I'm pretty sure both write-ups you did are from the same film. Anyone know any different?
Posts: 18 | From: South West England | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows
Rewinder
Member # 7821

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure Enarchal is right....D.A.R.Y.L. is the only one that come to mind.
Posts: 31 | From: Georgia | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Checked out D.A.R.Y.L. and i don´t think it´s the movie in question.

Daryl is already a robot when the movie starts and i didn´t see any traffic light scenes.

Posts: 5533 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first one could be The Fly 2 with Eric Stoltz.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Watch your favorite 80s movies for FREE and you'll be supporting this site! There's no catch! Please just click and sign up.
Amazon want you to try their service for 30 days and will donate to us every time someone does. Thank you for supporting us!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home