iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Movie Monday- Karate Kid

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movie Monday- Karate Kid
Tanner
Rewind Curious
Member # 7780

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Tanner   Author's Homepage   Email Tanner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, having just joined this board, I got to looking around and while doing so, I came up with the concept of Movie Mondays for the radio station. Basically its an hour (or so, maybe less) show that features the soundtrack music along with some other stuff.

Tomorrow (3-2-09) is the first installment of Movie Mondays at 12:00pm est with the featured movie being Karate Kid. Based on what I am prepping, it ought to be neat. For those that cant listen at work, it may be offered as a podcast... (Since I dont want it to seem like I am spamming, just email me and I will give you the link to the station.) ---Tanner [Cool]

Posts: 9 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tanner-welcome to the Rewind. Are you a DJ?

That's a cool idea. The song "Cruel Summer" is awesome. Whenever I hear that song I always think of the Karate Kid, and him riding his bike.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tanner
Rewind Curious
Member # 7780

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Tanner   Author's Homepage   Email Tanner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I am. Technically speaking, I am the Ops Manager of the station, but I still take over the mic at the zoo known as our 80s station. ---Tanner [Cool]
Posts: 9 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Tanner, welcome to The Rewind! Looks like a nice radio site. Too bad is not "linux" friendly though...

- jdocster

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tanner
Rewind Curious
Member # 7780

Rate Member
Thanks for the kind words jdocster! Its funny how the site is hosted on a "linux" server and not "linux" friendly. We are fixing that though! A change to "php-nuke" is going to solve alot of those problems and give us more capability. ---Tanner [Cool]
chuckdre98
Rewind Curious
Member # 7993

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for chuckdre98   Email chuckdre98   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
does ne 1 know the japanese instrument used in the movie karate kid is called . it looks like a ping pong paddle with two balls attached to it. mr myiagi and the crowd was using it at the last fight scene in the movie
Posts: 1 | Registered: May 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dvscheshire
Rewinder
Member # 8017

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for dvscheshire   Author's Homepage   Email dvscheshire   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its called a Japanese Den Den
Posts: 41 | From: CA | Registered: Jun 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home