iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Anyone know this one? mid 80´s springbreak movie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone know this one? mid 80´s springbreak movie
Tsunamijhoe
Rewind Curious
Member # 7769

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Tsunamijhoe   Email Tsunamijhoe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am looking for a title of a movie i loved back in the 80´s so if anyone can help it would be really appreciated..I cannot remember exact year, or any actors involved,as i only saw it twice back then.

Plot is a springbreak/college movie, set in fort lauderdale. 2 guys going there, one sees a hot blond chick in a white VW golf convertible, and the movie is basically him trying to find this woman again,which he ofcourse does in the end..In between there is alot of partying and general rowdiness, and as i recall the flick was very fun and good, ofcourse time will tell if it really was that good,if i ever find it and see it again :-)

I hope anyone will know exactly which movie i am looking for

Posts: 2 | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antwuan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 7763

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Antwuan   Email Antwuan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if im right or wrong on this. But are you talking about "Weird Science"?
Posts: 67 | From: Decatur,GA | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could it be:

Spring Break (1983)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086352/

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in agreement that it could possibly be "Springbreak", but from what I remember the main character first saw the girl walking in front of his taxi in the opening credits. Then he runs into at a bar later and eventually goes back to her room. But before anything romantic occurs he leaves the room to quickly get a couple of sodas out of a vending machine...then he can't find her room again. Does that sound familiar?
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could it be Fraternity vacation(1985)? Hot Resort?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It could be "Can It Be Love" (1992)
But then again the car wasn´t VW golf convertible...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103917/

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might check out "Spring Fever USA" as well.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tsunamijhoe
Rewind Curious
Member # 7769

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Tsunamijhoe   Email Tsunamijhoe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all for the suggestions.. I will get back to you when i have checked out all the titles..

The only thing i am sure of,is the chick is a blonde, dressed in a white dress, driving a convertible WV Golf. And the movie is about this dude trying to find her again at spring break in fort lauderdale.

*EDIT*
Hmm,on second thought.. You know how memory works, i might have mixed up a few movies..

I definitly remember the plot, which was as i said, guys in lauderdal on springbreak, one sees this chick and falls in love, he tries to find her the whole movie, and ofcourse ends up with her at the end.. I was certain she was driving the white VW, but i might have been mistaken seeing as they used that car in can´t buy me love, which is definitly NOT the movie i am thinking about.. Then ofcourse, that car was really common back then, so they might have used in in more flicks..

It is definitly NOT "can it be love" as it is too new. I watched the movie i am looking for on VHS back when i was a teenager and i was born in 1970.. I am quite sure i watched it between 1982 and 1986

Rule outs:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092718/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097717/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089305/

*update*

It might very well be Springbreak 1983 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086352/

I seem to recall alot about this movie, and logically it would have made sense to Danish distributors to release a cunningham movie due to his friday 13th popularity. Also timeline fits, only problem is, the movie have never been released on dvd :-(..

Thank you all so much for your help, and i am quite sure we got the right title with Springbreak

[ 05. March 2009, 06:12: Message edited by: Tsunamijhoe ]

Posts: 2 | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home